CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

After the accident!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After the accident!

After the crash i took two days ago i just finished putting my bike back togeather. Total estimate of parts for the bike were going to be about 800$ so i was like forget that crap i can do most of this my self, well little behold i did, and only took two days to do. If i were to buy parts new it would of took about a week and half to get all the requierd parts in, and i really didnt want to wait that long, plus that would be to late for the trip me and my roomate are taking up to NJ for a (i wanna say touring ride) but its kinda something like that. Next weekend i will be ready to take it up there to join in, in the fun of riding and showing of this old beauty. But with the upper cowl and the faring covering the intake, and the faring that covers the body of the bike being in lots of parts, i managed to get all the peices but on 1in by 1in peice of plastic but believe it or not i managed and you cant even tell the bike was in an accident, BONDO is some awsome shi*. She will be getting painted 2morrow and the guy doing it is great at making things look identical. The only things i had to buy was the footpeg brace and the ignition cover and hocky puck that covers it and that only totaling 80$ (+ or -) but i do have pictures of the accident and before with everything in parts and the process in putting it back togeather and the after. I will up load pictures but letting you know instead of going out buying things like that if it is fixable you should do it, SAVE YOUR SELF SOME MONEY ither for upgrades or INSURANCE. I will load these pictures a little later.