F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

accident

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accident

got in this accident last night. lady pulled out in front of me. driving without my license and unregistered bike so I couldnt call the police. Bike still rides and there is some scratches on the fairing. Bike got laid down and as my foot is resting on the gear lever it feels like something is grinding. Its not extremely noticiable but it feels different then it did before. Any ideas.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Default RE: accident

...you're probably going to get flamed for riding w/o a license and an unregistered bike.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:18 PM

Too bad the cops didn't show up and throw your *** in jail. How stupid are you? Oh yeah, you already made that quite clear!

Old 03-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is your lever bent?

Old 03-07-2007, 01:53 PM

LOL.....well, at least you didnt get hurt. Before you worry about fixing it you should really make it leagal to drive on the road and then make YOURSELF leagal to drive.
Probably bent. How fast were you going? Did it just fall over and slide or did it tumble at all?

Old 03-07-2007, 02:14 PM

Bike is insured. I was wearing a helmet. was only going 20 or so. the bike landed on its side. I was looking at it this morning. It looks like the lever may be rubbing the chain. If thats the case then it just needs to be bent back or something. Doing the class in April. had to get the bike at the time I did cuz i only spent 3500 on it and its an 02. One hell of a deal from the others that I have seen.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:44 PM

You aresoooooo lucky she didn't want to exchange info. You would have been f***ked. Gixxereater is right get legal first then fix your ride. You don't even understand second chance you just got.[&:]

Old 03-07-2007, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: invalidalias

Bike is insured. I was wearing a helmet. was only going 20 or so. the bike landed on its side. I was looking at it this morning. It looks like the lever may be rubbing the chain. If thats the case then it just needs to be bent back or something. Doing the class in April. had to get the bike at the time I did cuz i only spent 3500 on it and its an 02. One hell of a deal from the others that I have seen.
I was in your same shoes... Not sure about your state laws but I got a permit and registered and tagged my bike. With the permit I was able to ride under supervision of someone 21 or older with a bike lisence... Might want to look into that to make it legit

Old 03-07-2007, 03:22 PM

took it out around the block and noticed that the handle bars didn't quite go straight. When the bike came down it must have twisted the bars a little so no its off center a little. How can this be adjusted?

Old 03-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most likely the clip on got knocked loose. there's a pinch bolt where it connects to the fork tubes. loosen that and adjust accordingly.

if it turns out that the forks are twisted, then you'll need to loosen then up and then retighten them down.

regardless of whether you're legally riding or not...it was the cager's fault for pulling out...so let's not forget the part about the cager negligence.

Quick Reply: accident