Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

How to convince hubby

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I enjoy helping him with his car and being his pit crew, I think he likes it too.
having seen how this turned out ........... figured he was "getting"to be on the same page......... had a hunch he was not going to get in your way !

Happy for ya ..........all is cool then

Which track exactly will you be on ????

Old 01-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Team ProMotiom pretty much sold me on joining their track club at the motorcycle show. It'll mean riding out of New Jersey and some serious cash investment (track pants that will attach to my jacket, trailer and fixing the F3 for track use). But I know at least one track day is a good idea for any rider.

Convincing my girlfriend was a simple matter: what I learn on the track will keep me MUCH safer on the street. She easily agreed when I explained that

Old 01-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprock
Which track exactly will you be on ????
Texas World Speedway and Cresson...yeah, you may not want to be on these tracks when I'm there hahaha.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Little Girl
Texas World Speedway and Cresson...yeah, you may not want to be on these tracks when I'm there hahaha.
Hey Fellow Ride Smart or Lonestar rider?! This is gonna be my first season on the track too, just need boots and some work to get my F4i track worthy. But I'm glad it all worked out for you to go! I know my bf is a nervous wreck about my starting trackdays, but he's been doin' em for years so he understands the desire to haul azz around the corners n straights! Haha Well hope to see you out there!
BTW, do you happen to know what their schedules are yet?

Old 01-27-2011, 09:26 AM

Ha HA, u beat me to it ! I was gonna say - ask him wot hes got aganst u doing it....

JUst 1 thing: the thought of me mashing myelf up on the track is 1 thing - the thought of my lady doing the same is less pleasant ......

Maybe not PC but ... good luck with your track weapon

SPal

Old 01-27-2011, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tawny529
Hey Fellow Ride Smart or Lonestar rider?! This is gonna be my first season on the track too, just need boots and some work to get my F4i track worthy. But I'm glad it all worked out for you to go! I know my bf is a nervous wreck about my starting trackdays, but he's been doin' em for years so he understands the desire to haul azz around the corners n straights! Haha Well hope to see you out there!
BTW, do you happen to know what their schedules are yet?

Yep, I'm ready to get started. I loaded up some calves and took them to the sale yesterday to get some money to buy the stuff I need to go to the track.

http://www.ridesmart.info/ here is a link to ride smart for the schedule.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by SPal
Ha HA, u beat me to it ! I was gonna say - ask him wot hes got aganst u doing it....

JUst 1 thing: the thought of me mashing myelf up on the track is 1 thing - the thought of my lady doing the same is less pleasant ......

Maybe not PC but ... good luck with your track weapon

SPal

He feels that way also. He always tells me that he is a guy and it doesen't matter if he gets hurt ,but I'm a girl and shouldn't be getting hurt. Double standards I think. But I guess that is how guys are, they like to "take care" of us girls. I can't say I don't like that he feels that way, it just gets inconvenient sometimes when I have to push through those feelings.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:27 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

true resolution in a relationship is communication.....as long as two parties are clear and willing, its just perfect, both get what you want.
glad he support your interests.