Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

any tips for doin wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: any tips for doin wheelies

I'll get in on the clutch wear issue. Ok if you acutally ride your bike hard you are wearing out the clutch faster anyway. When you shift harder and at a higher rpm than most people you are going to wear the clutch faster. When you clutch up a wheelie you are doing the same thing as shifting, but not changing a gear. If you take off hard and shift into 2nd hard the tire will come up, right? Basically the same thing, but mabye with a little more rpms when clutching a wheelie. Mabye a little more wear then regular hard riding.

Now about the power wheelie stuff, don't do it. If you want to go ahead, but don't come crying here when you loop it because the air was cooler and the bike had more power than the other day. They are unpredictable and will get you into trouble in a hurry, but if thats what your into go for it. I used to power wheelie ans I learned to clutch them and realized how much easier it makes them, with some practice. Just cover the brake, it will save you.

-Jesse-

Old 08-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Err

ORIGINAL: Turnin20s
I used to power wheelie ans I learned to clutch them and realized how much easier it makes them, with some practice. Just cover the brake, it will save you.

-Jesse-
same here

Old 08-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok...i agree that clutching is more consistent and in that sense safer...

now...as far as powering it up...this is what i don't understand...if the person powering it up has no sense of using the rear brake or letting off the throttle when the bike is getting way up there and about to loop...what are they doing attempting wheelies anyway? in this case they shouldn't be doing wheelies at all!

i think i will go out and try the clutch thing now. my power wheelies are sucking bad since my suspension upgrade...

Old 08-09-2006, 02:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

ok...i agree that clutching is more consistent and in that sense safer...

now...as far as powering it up...this is what i don't understand...if the person powering it up has no sense of using the rear brake or letting off the throttle when the bike is getting way up there and about to loop...what are they doing attempting wheelies anyway? in this case they shouldn't be doing wheelies at all!

i think i will go out and try the clutch thing now. my power wheelies are sucking bad since my suspension upgrade...

Basically if you are inexperienced and want it all it will hurt you if you clutch them or power them up. You can't just go out and expect to be able to do everything overnight, you have to practice this **** if you wanna get better. If you clutch them its easier to slow down and get the feel of everything. And you can start small with the rpms and see what works for you, and with power wheelies you have to be going faster with the bike in the power range and blip the throttle and tug on it to get it up. <--Now that right there is an accident waiting to happen. That being said if I had to learn everything over from square one I would way rather have learned to clutch them from the start instead of basically having to reteach myself everything about a wheelie when I learned the clutch. After you get the feel for bp you can clutch it right up to it and ride it out at 40 or 50 then go past bp a little and slow it down if you want to. Now if you want to power up a standup you have to be going about 50 just to get the front up and by the time your done chasing the front tire to bp your already going 70 or so. That right there should be enough reason to learn to clutch them.

-Jesse-

Old 08-09-2006, 09:06 PM

i still think that nobody should learn how to clutch wheelies when they are learning. i learned how to do power wheelies first and so did jesse, you almost have to. or your gonna freak out when you clutch it up to high. power wheelies have limits on what you can do with them. but aleast you learn what it feels like and you can get alittle height out of them. now when you start clutching them up. its a different story but atleast you know what it feels like. i think that people need to do power wheelies to get used to a wheelie and then start clutching. i cannot see the logic behind telling noobies to go out and learn how to clutch right away. i have seen just as many people loop doing clutch wheelies then power wheelies if not more. you would have to be a retard to loop a power wheelie and do we really want them people on bikes??? it takes alot to loop a power wheelie and very little to loop a clutch wheelie. i dont care if you guys agree with me or not.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:52 PM

after watchin that video i think ur both better than me so ill keep my mouth shut on the matter. i do wheelies but u both put me to shame so im off to pratice.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:06 AM

ORIGINAL: roketfreek

after watchin that video i think ur both better than me so ill keep my mouth shut on the matter. i do wheelies but u both put me to shame so im off to pratice.
Hey man don't let it get you down, that vid was old and we're alot better now LOL no more powering those bitches up. Clutch them up everytime right to bp and ride them out weather its standing or sitting. We need to get out and get some more clips so I can see how they look, they feel high as hell when your doing them and then you watch the vid afterwords and your like damn I have a long way to go LOL

-Jesse-