1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

Every1 else doin it. lol. My mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Every1 else doin it. lol. My mods

Heres some pix of my current mods. I got more planned, but this is it for now. Had bike about a month. Jardine slip on, flush mounts, Ezeran FE, homemade rear blinker holders with short stalk arrown blinkers, and no cut LP frame sliders.
Name:  MyBaby6.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  61.6 KB
Name:  MyBaby2.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  57.6 KB
Name:  MyBaby3.jpg
Views: 17
Name:  WhatTheHell.jpg
Size:  57.7 KB

Name:  MyBaby5.jpg

Old 09-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Default RE: Every1 else doin it. lol. My mods

Nice, I love that exhaust........That may be a winter time project for me........Thats the one I want though. Hows it sound? I really want something that sounds a little throaty but not so loud that everytime I open it up a bit that it attracts police attention! LOL
Did you do any map mods with it or anything?

Old 09-03-2008, 07:09 PM

No, no maps. Just install and ride. Well, from what it sounds like you want in an exhaust, then I'd say you'd like it a lot. Nice throaty sound at idle. But once moving not at all obnoxious. Definately the quietest exhaust I have had. But still sounds good. Way better than stock. lol.

I will say this though, it is getting louder I think. Hard to say. Maybe just my imagination. lol. But I thought it was just too quiet for my tastes when I got it. But now I actually quite like it. So it either grew on me or got louder. Or a little of both. lol. Good sound but not crazy loud.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:21 PM

Thats good to hear, its definately the best looking exhaust out there for this bike, IMO.......

Nice ride you have there.......

Old 09-03-2008, 10:14 PM

very nice ride and mods..

but just be a *****... ....you should take some time and line up the exhaust a little better. I've found Ive had to elongate some mounting holes to get the exhaust lined up on the undertail exhaust.

Your main strap that holds the exhaust can be modified. If you shave a little from the top of the strap ends and elongate the holes a bit, you can pull the exhaust a litte tighter and it will also align it closer to center. But very nice ride..

Old 09-04-2008, 01:06 AM

exhaust looks fine to me.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:05 AM

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:15 AM

ORIGINAL: justasquid

very nice ride and mods..

but just be a *****... ....you should take some time and line up the exhaust a little better. I've found Ive had to elongate some mounting holes to get the exhaust lined up on the undertail exhaust.

Your main strap that holds the exhaust can be modified. If you shave a little from the top of the strap ends and elongate the holes a bit, you can pull the exhaust a litte tighter and it will also align it closer to center. But very nice ride..

Haha, yeah. It is cocked a little. I actually had it straight, tightened everything down, but damn thing shifted when I took it for a long ride. The Jardine mid pipe is to blame I think. Kind of a crudy design. They claim it's for a straighterexhaust flo, etc.But I'll get it straight eventually... lol. I dont like that strap around can at all. Gonna look for a different. Hopefully will help. This one is so not flxible in hardly any kind of way. Hard to minipulate.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:21 AM

Great Looking bike...

Old 10-11-2008, 02:51 AM

If you don't mind me asking, what was the price for your pipe and where did you buy from? Starting my search for the cheapest price. Thanks

Quick Reply: Every1 else doin it. lol. My mods