New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

How Ya'll Doin'

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Ya'll Doin'

Just picked up a 900RR this past weekend. I've wanted one of these for a while. There are a few things which need to be sorted including a nasty right side motor mount problem but I think i got a mobile welder to handle that.

Anyway....hope to end up being useful. I've been riding regularly for 20 years and commute on a motorcycle daily and do all my own maintenence. My daily riders are an NT650 and a FZR600. The 900RR will join them once i get it all sorted.

Thanks for reading,
Chris

Old 12-22-2008, 11:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How Ya'll Doin'

Hey hey Chris, great to have you here. I would say to look around, the alt forums are quite good and if you're like me you'll learn a lot. Take care and show us some pictures of your ride when you can.

Old 12-23-2008, 01:31 AM
RCR

Welcome Chris Nice moving up with the Honda 900RR we have alot of members on here with 900's. What year is the FZR600? I had the 94 FZR1000 and loved it.

Old 12-23-2008, 01:46 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the board! Post up pics and even a how to on that motor mount if you have the time. I believe there's a 900 in the running for ROTM (Ride of the Month) and you are eligible to vote. Heck, you are obligated to vote

Old 12-23-2008, 04:46 AM

Welcome, the 900RR is a beautiful bike...need pics.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:31 AM

Thanks for all the good vibes! The FZR is a '95 and I just put a fox shock on it and am waiting for some R6 calipers and stainless lines to slap on. On the NT650 I did a poor man's top end rebuild on it (basically meaning i just used a ball hone attached to a drill to make a X-hatch patteren then put new rings in) as i had to piece the thing together from a few different sources. The NT650's got a NSR250 fron't end on it. Fun bike but not for the faint of heart due the the rake and it's size. She handles like she's on rails but would probably be more comfortable for someone 5' tall. I'm 6' so i've gotta hunker down on 'er. That's ok though....it's a streetfighter anyway.

I'll get some iphone pics up later today but she ain't pretty right now. I'm not doing the mount point myself but if the guy does come out (or even if he has me come to his shop) I'm pretty sure he'll let me watch so i can post the proceedure a professional does. Really I'm going to look to him for guidence as the motor mount on the engine needs to be repaired but should i put it all in the new frame or have him repair the mount on the frame too. I'm leaning toward swapping over to a whole new frame since it was included in the deal i just made.

-c

Old 12-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to our Forum - sorry I'm a bit late - been busy
Plenty to see and talk about.....
General insanity in the Off Topic section.
Post up some pics when you can.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:11 PM

can't seem to see anything in the gallery so uploaded here.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:25 PM

Someone stole it's clothes!!!!111 Yikes.

Quick Reply: How Ya'll Doin'