Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

any tips for doin wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: any tips for doin wheelies

I thought this was the "Stunters Corner" Why are there people in here saying not to do wheelies??? If you dont like wheelies than you shouldnt be posting.

Old 08-04-2006, 06:06 PM

+1 on clutching it up...

and the biggest peice of advice....COVER THE BRAKE...its been a life saver more than once for me, and if you want to learn to control your wheelies you have to use it anyway...

Old 08-06-2006, 11:56 PM

i can only clutch my bike if first gear, and i can also trhottle wheelie it in first, but in second i can only get the tire to rise about 6 inches no matter how much i try. I admit i am a fat S.O.B. (about 300 lbs.) i have a 929. now im trying to shift from 1st to 2nd but allways hit neutral any suggestions.(I know what most of them would be is to lose weight+))

Old 08-07-2006, 05:52 PM
Err

try bouncing while clutching in second.

Old 08-07-2006, 09:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

clutching and powering it up are just 2 ways of doing things...and please do not bash other people's opinions because that is what this forum is for. i've seen just as many people loop power wheelies as i have clutching...

now...about clutching wheelies, are you saying it doesn't 'kill' the clutch or are you saying it by no means leads to premature clutch wear?

t

Old 08-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Err

have fun with those pow pow power wheelies

pretty safe, no?

please make a mental note of the speed he gains while brings the front up.

please also look for the point in which he gets slung back...

yea i'll stick to tearing my clutch up...

Old 08-08-2006, 12:27 AM

i can only clutch my bike if first gear, and i can also trhottle wheelie it in first, but in second i can only get the tire to rise about 6 inches no matter how much i try. I admit i am a fat S.O.B. (about 300 lbs.) i have a 929. now im trying to shift from 1st to 2nd but allways hit neutral any suggestions.(I know what most of them would be is to lose weight+))
I power up my first gear standup wheelies all the time, I almost never clutch them, 2nd gear I always clutch. It throttles up in first, just as fast as I can clutch it up in second.
I know your 929 will do it, the guy I bought mine from weighed 250lbs, and he throttled that sucker striaght up in first all the time. I weigh about 150 and I have throttled them striaght up with lots of different people on the back, weighing from 100lbs to 250lbs (yeah thats pretty nuts I know)
Try standup wheelies on the back pegs, or slide all the way back in your seat, and try the sitdown wheelies again.
I just dont have that much fun unless I am pushing the bike to its mechanical limits, lol

Old 08-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Err

have fun with those pow pow power wheelies

pretty safe, no?

please make a mental note of the speed he gains while brings the front up.

please also look for the point in which he gets slung back...

yea i'll stick to tearing my clutch up...
LOL...great video...seen it before...i understand what you are saying about clutching it and getting the same height if you have the same throttle and RPM everytime when you slip the clutch...so in that sense it is safer than bouncing...

as far as a noob doing clutch or bounce...i dunno though...both seem to loop it just as easily...

i thought you said it doesn't tear up the clutch mang? i'm not challenging you on it, just asking the definition of it.

tearing up the clutch? no it doesn't....not like clutch blowing up and stuff...but as far as premature wear?

Old 08-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Err

ok i will concede to your "premature wear" argument. it MAY cause premature clutch wear, but how much life am i losing??

yes, you can loop both just as easily if you don't know what you're doing. but thats why i tell people to take it slooooow and start in first. first has a lot more engine brake then second or third, so if an "oh ****" situation occurs you can chop throttle (or hit the rear brake; what you should be doing in the first place) and the engine brake will bring you back down. also, once you can rock BP first gear wheelies you'll have these two things called throttle control and rear brake control, those two things will help you not loop.

noobs just need to realize they aren't going to be kevin marino within a week. this **** takes time...and **** loads of practice...

that vid makes me cringe.....

Old 08-08-2006, 08:41 PM

I know for sure I am wearing my clutch out, when poping up 2nd gear wheelies at 50mph the bike used to snap right up, now I can actually feel a little bit of a difference, I'll be due for a new clutch soon, but that dosent bother me, its worth the fun.

Quick Reply: any tips for doin wheelies