Street Skills Information to keep you from rashing your bike or yourself. Safe riding techniques only please.
View Poll Results: In which condition, do you get more nervous riding?
Gust of wind
50.48%
Rain
49.52%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Which annoys you more.. Gusts of wind or rain

Old 06-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here in iowa all us guys that ride together always joke that if u want to ride here in the summer you have to ride in the wind or the rain...riding is riding i love it all!

Old 06-18-2011, 08:39 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can deal with both, but it sucks when you're soaked and you still have like 400miles to go. Sometimes you can't get your rain gear on quick enough and you have to pull over and change clothes in a gas station bathroom and try to dry your pants with one of those hot air hand dryers. lol..
Then there's the stupid drivers, less visibility, etc.
Wind isn't that bad, although it's somewhat tiring on longer rides if it keeps up for a while.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

Which annoys you more.. Gusts of wind or rain

Wind. I can generally predict what the rain is doing but wind is invisible and a sudden unexpected crosswind is dangerous. Rain can also make riding dangerous with slick roads but at least I know it is there and I've already adjusted my riding style to accommodate it until things dry up.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Administrator - Retired

But rain , getting wet , freezing yu **** off !!! sliding all over the dam road on occasion... nup , yu can shove that chit where the bloody sun don't shine ....LOL
Oh yeah.. the cold/wet chit is the worst. 75miles soaking wet in cold weather.... dumping water out of my boots and shaking like hell. No thanks.

Old 06-19-2011, 04:17 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

i kind of like to go out in the rain, makes me relaxed knowing im not taking the highway and im just taking it slow since its more slick on the road.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:49 PM

i can deal with wind..the rain blows =/

Old 06-19-2011, 05:15 PM

if it's raining, you can't ride. or at least if you do, it's not enjoyable. wind gusts are unpleasant, but do not prevent you from taking your bike out. therefore, rain is more annoying.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:53 PM

I live in a freakin' desert so the rain is usually appreciated. I raced a small but powerful storm one day and was surprised how dry I stayed tucked behind the little screen on my Hurricane, even passing 18 wheelers on the Interstate. But a few weeks ago while enjoying the twisties of my local river canyon, I had a blast of wind that was so strong that I had to lean the wrong way in a turn. That was so uncool. Nothing ruins a ride like gusty side winds. Even on a heavy ol' Hurricane.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Originally Posted by Smiles w/ Bugs
I live in a freakin' desert so the rain is usually appreciated. I raced a small but powerful storm one day and was surprised how dry I stayed tucked behind the little screen on my Hurricane, even passing 18 wheelers on the Interstate. But a few weeks ago while enjoying the twisties of my local river canyon, I had a blast of wind that was so strong that I had to lean the wrong way in a turn. That was so uncool. Nothing ruins a ride like gusty side winds. Even on a heavy ol' Hurricane.
That must have been an underpant moment! Wind and motorcycles combined can actually defy the laws of physics..... and dry cleaning!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which annoys you more.. Gusts of wind or rain