Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

attempted murder!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh damn he went there. 1-0 doc.

so how are those pirates doing anyways?

Old 05-28-2011, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD
Ok, forget about dragging knee...how about speeding? How about making illegal passes?

We agree...whether you like it or not. Guy in the truck was/is a total and complete douche bag. Should probably be in jail or at the very least be made to pay a huge fine so he has to think real hard about doing something like this again.

You have a dog in this fight because the rider is your friend. Like it or not, he made the first bad decision in this. You don't have to admit it, but it's the truth.
i admit he made a pass on the double yellow and that is agaisnt the law

Old 05-28-2011, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by dohcdelsol
oh damn he went there. 1-0 doc.

so how are those pirates doing anyways?
No clue, don't like baseball, hahaha!

Quick Google, they just beat the Cubs, 10 - nothing. Blegh, they're .480...what a shame...they had a good start too, even made it above .500 a few times. I sometimes think of them as "The Indians" in Major League. They're so bad for so long...then all of a sudden, they're kickin ***...but the kickin *** part hasn't happened yet. We need Vaughn.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:09 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

Originally Posted by dohcdelsol

its a ****ty situation and personally i would of passed the truck the same way but i tend to only pass on straights cause im afraid of blind turns and woulda probablly got hit by the truck.

just my .02

as far as the vid shows, it was double yellow but in the riders defense, he had a straight away as he pulled out of the turn and he had a clear view of the on coming trafic (none in this matter).

also couple inches more and he would be down, nasty situation.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by scorpionvmu
as far as the vid shows, it was double yellow but in the riders defense, he had a straight away as he pulled out of the turn and he had a clear view of the on coming trafic (none in this matter).
Good thing your not his lawyer because he'd be getting a ticket.

Originally Posted by scorpionvmu
also couple inches more and he would be down, nasty situation.
And thank god that wasn't the case.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by F34Me?
Hey Doc, did you even read your own link? Not only does it say nothing of the action being illegal anywhere (though I do know it is illegal in Cali). It actually says:

In some states, it is not against the law to overtake vehicles in the presence of solid yellow lines if it is safe to do so. Section 3303 and 3305 of the Pennsylvania driver code are examples.[3] Vermont State Law also allows passing of the double yellow line when no traffic is on the opposing side, however, one must pass quickly and return to the proper side.[4]
Ha,,ha, I caught that right away. Double yellow has always meant it is not safe to pass, to me. Yes, I know Florida law prohibits passing on a double yellow. It also prohibits people from committing adultery, but nobody gets prosecuted for that one. People that will blindly follow a law, to the letter, scare the crap out of me, sorry. I have passed many times on a double yellow, every time it has been some idiot going way, way, way below the speed limit. They are usually older than dirt or hauling a load that their vehicle can't handle.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:53 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

Good thing your not his lawyer because he'd be getting a ticket.
no im not trying to be anyone lawyer. but even you have to say that the rider was much safer doing the pass than the whole time the truck driver was on the road in that vid.

was it legal.......no
was it right......answer may very
would you do it if you knew there is no danger (200% sure), the lenght of the straight away, accelaration power, maneuverability,and of course no trafic. WOULD YOU DO IT????

ill take the ticket over the grave anyday, and to know that the driver of that truck is punished for his actions would be more than satisfactory to me.

Old 05-29-2011, 10:01 AM

Ok, forget about dragging knee...how about speeding? How about making illegal passes?

We agree...whether you like it or not. Guy in the truck was/is a total and complete douche bag. Should probably be in jail or at the very least be made to pay a huge fine so he has to think real hard about doing something like this again.

You have a dog in this fight because the rider is your friend. Like it or not, he made the first bad decision in this. You don't have to admit it, but it's the truth.
Give it a rest man. Whether you like it or not, your position implies the rider deserves what happened, it's the truth. Next you'll be implying that jaywalkers deserve to be run down. I fail to see what you are trying to gain here. We have misdemeanors and felonies for a reason, otherwise we would all get the death penalty for jaywalking. Saying it would not have happened if he didn't pass on a double yellow is insane. I could just as easily say it would have happened if it was a broken yellow.

Windham teen driver accused of deliberately hitting motorcyclist | New Hampshire NEWS03

Investigators determined he was in a legal passing zone. Face it, these guys are sociopaths and it could have happened at anytime, anyway, under any circumstances.

Old 05-29-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by moosestang
Give it a rest man. Whether you like it or not, your position implies the rider deserves what happened, it's the truth. Next you'll be implying that jaywalkers deserve to be run down.
Sorry Moose, but that's delusional. I've never implied that the rider deserved to be swerved on or chased down.

Originally Posted by moosestang
Saying it would not have happened if he didn't pass on a double yellow is insane. I could just as easily say it would have happened if it was a broken yellow.
You're right, that would be insane. I never said that though, you're imagining things. Never even eluded to it. Don't put words in my mouth please. Go back and read my posts because you've obviously misread them. What I DID say is that had this rider not broken the law by passing this guy on a double yellow, it never would have happened. If the rider would have stayed behind the truck, he wouldn't have gotten into this situation. It doesn't matter what the truck driver would have done...that's pure conjecture. All we know is that if this motorcyclist stayed behind the truck, none of this would have happened.

A poster on another forum (who happens to be a club racer from Cali) summed it up better than I could:

Anytime you start riding aggressively on public roads you have to be willing to accept certain truths:

1. You are now breaking the law and could go to jail
2. You could make a big mistake that will put you in the hospital or worse
3. You will most likely find other jackasses on that same road who want to play also, and they are not always riding a bike.

I have met up with Mazda miata clubs, ford pantera clubs, drifters etc. They love the canyons also. What made this video sad, however, was that the driver was a quad owner and should know better than to endanger a fellow rider.

Let's face it. Lots of people hate sport bikes. We give them tons of reasons to hate us. Loud pipes, triple digit speeds on sleepy highway roads, and we are always happy to break the slience of a peaceful Sunday morning. To see someone acting out against a rider like this is nothing new. It's ****ing stupid, but it's sadly a reality. Nearly every morning in San Diego we get a radio news report about a rider down on the freeway in the morning commute. I am willing to bet money some of those wrecks are road rage related.

I have sold off my last street bike just to lay low for a bit (on probation from a fun little canyon ride they tried to say was a 'pursuit') but I am not anti-street riding. I do believe that riding quick as **** on roads with driveways and residential homes/farms is stupid.

If there are tracks nearby, keep the qualifying laps there. It's safer. If not, try to find stretches of road less traveled and pick just a shorter section of it to do "laps". That way you can police the road for authorities and crazies.

The guy in the truck is a dick. The guys flying down a residential highway are also at fault. Taking that tape to authorities will put al l parties in jail. You cannot cross a double yellow, you cannot double the speed limit, you cannot intentionally run someone off the road.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh the hell with it. I'll just say it:

What you're saying is the equivalent of saying "The woman wearing the microskirt and tube top with no bra or panties shoulda expected whatever to happen". Should that imaginary woman expect someone to grab her *** because of how she's dressed? Should we place some blame on that imaginary woman because she chose to dress like that? How about if some irate mother walks up and smacks the chit out of her for dressing like that in front of her children? Does the imaginary woman have some blame to carry for dressing like a **** in public?

It's the same defense sleaze bag defense attorney's take in court to try and acquit their d-bag defendants. Right there on that razor edge of saying the victim is responsible in some small way for the actions of another. Because the victim should of expected it by what they wore / what they said / how they rode.

Quick Reply: attempted murder!