Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

attempted murder!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we do not use that as a race track. we may drive a good pace but come to the trrack and see us ride and then you will see a fast pace. bikes are loud, ive ben yelled at for going the speed limit when i was just in a high gear and it sounded loud. if you dont think that this guy should be in jail your more messed up then him! breaking the law by ppassing someone doesnt make it ok to murder them! tell me what harm the biker did by passing him? drawkward.... get real

Old 05-28-2011, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
It does not matter what woulda / coulda / shoulda happened.......
Why won't you answer my question instead of rehashing all the things we agree on?

If the rider didn't make the illegal pass and stayed behind the truck like he should have done, would this situation have arisen?

People overreact all the time. If you're going to play the game, be prepared to deal with ********...that doesn't make it right or justifiable, but don't pretend you're innocent and aghast when someone finally has enough and pushes back.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by F34Me?
Hey Doc, did you even read your own link? Not only does it say nothing of the action being illegal anywhere (though I do know it is illegal in Cali). It actually says:

In some states, it is not against the law to overtake vehicles in the presence of solid yellow lines if it is safe to do so. Section 3303 and 3305 of the Pennsylvania driver code are examples.[3] Vermont State Law also allows passing of the double yellow line when no traffic is on the opposing side, however, one must pass quickly and return to the proper side.[4]
Yes I did read that...."check your local laws"...."its presence usually indicates a no-passing restriction or no passing zone". What state did this happen in? Is it illegal in that state?

Originally Posted by philthethrillohio
we do not use that as a race track. we may drive a good pace but come to the trrack and see us ride and then you will see a fast pace. bikes are loud, ive ben yelled at for going the speed limit when i was just in a high gear and it sounded loud. if you dont think that this guy should be in jail your more messed up then him! breaking the law by ppassing someone doesnt make it ok to murder them! tell me what harm the biker did by passing him? drawkward.... get real
Quit pretending I think it's OK for the driver of the truck to react the way he did. I never said that, you're making it up. I even said he should be in jail...did I not? Quit fabricating things to justify your actions. I've NEVER said it's ok to react the way the driver of the truck did.

Had your buddy (which is why this is so damn personal for you) not made the illegal pass this never would have happened. He made the first bad decision. The truck driver made the second one. That's all I'm saying. Quit trying to put words in my mouth.

And I think you're lying to everyone out there if you're claiming that you're not using that road as your personal race track...I've heard plenty of people say "ya, I know that road...great road to drag knees on" in my research across multiple forums.

Last edited by DrAwkwArD; 05-28-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD
Why won't you answer my question instead of rehashing all the things we agree on?

If the rider didn't make the illegal pass and stayed behind the truck like he should have done, would this situation have arisen?

People overreact all the time. If you're going to play the game, be prepared to deal with ********...that doesn't make it right or justifiable, but don't pretend you're innocent and aghast when someone finally has enough and pushes back.
Honest answer? Nobody can say what would have happened if the rider had stayed behind him. The driver demonstrates enough moral imbalance it is entirely possible that if the rider had stayed behind him, he'd have slammed on the brakes.

You don't seem to understand something fundamental here: the rider did not provoke the driver in any way. Not legally. Not physically. Not emotionally. The driver chose to take offense at something that was not directed at him.

Let's play What If, since that seems to be your concern. What if the driver had hit the rider?

Do you think he'd get a reduced sentence because he was allegedly provoked?

Old 05-28-2011, 05:34 PM

Honest answer? Nobody can say what would have happened if the rider had stayed behind him. The driver demonstrates enough moral imbalance it is entirely possible that if the rider had stayed behind him, he'd have slammed on the brakes.

You don't seem to understand something fundamental here: the rider did not provoke the driver in any way. Not legally. Not physically. Not emotionally. The driver chose to take offense at something that was not directed at him.

Let's play What If, since that seems to be your concern. What if the driver had hit the rider?

Do you think he'd get a reduced sentence because he was allegedly provoked?
Your honest answer is again a sidestep of my question. If the rider had not made the pass, this situation wouldn't have happened. It couldn't have happened. Plain and simple.

If the driver hit the motorcyclist I'd imagine he'd be charged with attempted murder or some sort of aggravated assault felony, and rightfully so. As you've said before, his reaction wasn't justified at all....and I agree with that. Again, you're just pointing out the things we agree on.

The motorcyclist made the first wrong decision. The driver of the truck made the second one. If you're going to play the game, be prepared for people like this truck driver to be out there. That's all I'm trying to say. This shouldn't surprise ANYONE who's been on a public road on a motorcycle.

Here's a 2006 version of the Kentuck handbook for Drivers.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...1JiTyIOlB2-daA

Pages 42-43 demonstrate no passing when a solid yellow line is on the side of your lane. The pass by the motorcyclist was illegal. So we can put that to rest now and not argue that point.

Last edited by DrAwkwArD; 05-28-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:34 PM

Yes I did read that...."check your local laws"...."its presence usually indicates a no-passing restriction or no passing zone". What state did this happen in? Is it illegal in that state?

Quit pretending I think it's OK for the driver of the truck to react the way he did. I never said that, you're making it up. I even said he should be in jail...did I not? Quit fabricating things to justify your actions. I've NEVER said it's ok to react the way the driver of the truck did.

Had your buddy (which is why this is so damn personal for you) not made the illegal pass this never would have happened. He made the first bad decision. The truck driver made the second one. That's all I'm saying. Quit trying to put words in my mouth.

And I think you're lying to everyone out there if you're claiming that you're not using that road as your personal race track...I've heard plenty of people say "ya, I know that road...great road to drag knees on" in my research across multiple forums.
now your puttin words in my mouth, if you drag knee or not on the street who cares. i can drag knee going 20 mph . so whats the big deal. im done with this stupid coversation. if my buddy didnt pass him someone else would have and what ever. seriously ridiculous. people pass me all the time. why do i fell so threatened by this to try and kill them? i mean reallly am i that big of a ***** bag i get affended when someone else passes me . to much garbage.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by philthethrillohio
now your puttin words in my mouth, if you drag knee or not on the street who cares. i can drag knee going 20 mph . so whats the big deal. im done with this stupid coversation. if my buddy didnt pass him someone else would have and what ever. seriously ridiculous. people pass me all the time. why do i fell so threatened by this to try and kill them? i mean reallly am i that big of a ***** bag i get affended when someone else passes me . to much garbage.
Ok, forget about dragging knee...how about speeding? How about making illegal passes?

We agree...whether you like it or not. Guy in the truck was/is a total and complete douche bag. Should probably be in jail or at the very least be made to pay a huge fine so he has to think real hard about doing something like this again.

You have a dog in this fight because the rider is your friend. Like it or not, he made the first bad decision in this. You don't have to admit it, but it's the truth.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

People are taking it personal because it appears you are attempting to shift some of the blame onto the rider.

The rider is guilty of reckless driving, yes. But his reckless driving should not provoke a response like that in any sane driver. The law will not accept that as any justifiable provocation any any action on any driver's part short of dialing 9-1-1. The 2 are mutually exclusive in a sane person's mind.

Trying to shift blame, any blame, onto the rider sets an extremely dangerous precedent: that the undirected actions of another vehicle's operator can provoke someone into an unreasonable response. It's not. It's called Road Rage and is against the law for a reason.

It is also the reason we moderators here at CBRF cannot support the advocation of unreasonable response to the idiotic actions of cagers (kicking in doors, knocking off mirrors, throwing ball bearings). Regardless of what was done, unreasonable responses against undirected actions is illegal. And the unreasonable response does supercede the alleged provocation.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:57 PM

People are taking it personal because it appears you are attempting to shift some of the blame onto the rider.
I've already said what my point was. I shouldn't have to keep on repeating it. If you want to believe that this rider is totally without blame in this situation go ahead...but you're wrong IMO and a lot of other people's. No one is justifying this driver's actions, me included. But I'm not blind enough to think a motorcyclist can do no harm, and saying this rider is without fault is doing just that. And I refuse to do that.

The rider is guilty of reckless driving, yes. But his reckless driving should not provoke a response like that in any sane driver. The law will not accept that as any justifiable provocation any any action on any driver's part short of dialing 9-1-1. The 2 are mutually exclusive in a sane person's mind.
Nor should the law accept it as justifiable. I don't think anyone would. I certainly don't. Not sure why you keep on bringing that up.

Trying to shift blame, any blame, onto the rider sets an extremely dangerous precedent: that the undirected actions of another vehicle's operator can provoke someone into an unreasonable response. It's not. It's called Road Rage and is against the law for a reason.
Saying the rider is without blame is also a dangerous precedent and is one that gives ALL riders a bad name. This very specific type of riding is bad for all of us...and over time has given guys like that truck driver a deep seated hatred for motorcyclists. Think that one over for a bit because it's true, whether we as a community like it or not. Understanding WHY that truck driver may have done what he did may help riders make better decisions on the road. That's the root of my point.

It is also the reason we moderators here at CBRF cannot support the advocation of unreasonable response to the idiotic actions of cagers (kicking in doors, knocking off mirrors, throwing ball bearings). Regardless of what was done, unreasonable responses against undirected actions is illegal. And the unreasonable response does supercede the alleged provocation.
Who has advocated the driver's response? No one that I know of on here. He's a maniac.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:00 PM

From that link:

• Signs and Markings: Many roads have lane markings that tell you when
passing is legal or illegal. You may NOT pass when there is a solid line
on your side of the broken line of the road.
• You may pass if there is a solid yellow line on the left side of the broken
yellow line.
• Pass only if there are no oncoming vehicles.
• Signs are also used to tell you when passing is legal or illegal.

Kentucky law requires
• That a pass be completed before reaching the beginning of a “no passing
zone.”
• That a pass be completed when within 100 feet of an oncoming vehicle.

If you are still in the left lane when you reach the “no passing zone,” you
are violating the law.

So, signs are the law for sure, lines are about as clear as mud. I don't remember if there was a sign or not, but honestly I think it is still possible that the pass was legal. Of course there must be law written somewhere that is more clear.

Quick Reply: attempted murder!