Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

attempted murder!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nate:

HAHAHAHAHA

Old 05-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD
Maybe that's why that guy was so pissed off? Ever consider that?
really.... are you really...?

the guy in the vid was complaining about OTHER motorcyclists... watch the end. listen closesly, he doesn't even blame those 2 specifically. he says "somebody on crotchrockets"

and did you see the plethora of other bikes in the vid?

and if he wants to be mad... be mad, call the police, do something - BUT TRY AND KILL ANOTHER BIKER when his bigass F250 is hauling an ATV at those speeds.

Old 05-28-2011, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
really.... are you really...?

the guy in the vid was complaining about OTHER motorcyclists... watch the end. listen closesly, he doesn't even blame those 2 specifically. he says "somebody on crotchrockets"

and did you see the plethora of other bikes in the vid?

and if he wants to be mad... be mad, call the police, do something - BUT TRY AND KILL ANOTHER BIKER when his bigass F250 is hauling an ATV at those speeds.
Yes. Yes I am.

If the guy on the bike didn't make an illegal pass on the truck, would he have gotten in this situation? Had he followed the law and not made that pass, would he have gotten almost killed by that truck?

Just because someone is "another biker" doesn't make them automatically in the right. He never deserved to be nearly forced off the road or chased. He also shouldn't have made the pass.

Truck driver deserves to be in prison or a mental ward, by the way.

EDIT: Please don't get personal with this. I started another thread about this situation on a different forum and it was 18 pages of argument (which is what I wanted, a good discussion of what happened) and it turned into a mud slinging fest. I'm just stating my "not so popular" opinion. Take it for what it is.

Last edited by DrAwkwArD; 05-28-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:12 PM

The problem with your argument Dr, is that the pass that was made cannot be determined to be illegal from the video.

The lines you see painted on the road are there as a "suggestion" of how to drive. They are not the law! As long as you do not break the speed limit, you can pass on a cop on a double yellow and he can do nothing about it. Since we have no idea how fast the truck was going when he was passed, we cannot say for sure that any laws were broken by the guy on the bike. We are 100% certain the truck driver broke a law, this law states that "any motor vehicle being passed must yeild to the right for an overtaking motor vehicle".

Old 05-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes. Yes I am.

If the guy on the bike didn't make an illegal pass on the truck, would he have gotten in this situation? Had he followed the law and not made that pass, would he have gotten almost killed by that truck?
who's to say he wouldn't have been in the same situation if he passed in a legal zone. that guy obviously doesn't care about the double yellow lines, look at his driving. my point was - he's mad that there are crotch rockets on that road - not specifically THOSE two crotch rockets (or what they did), hence the "somebody on crotch rockets" comment he made near the end of the video. his anger had nothing to do with those two specifically, it had to do with motorcyclists at large. and that little insignificant pass is what pushed him over the edge.

he was trying to run-over a crotch rocket for a victim-less crime.

add to the fact that he had an atv in the back of a 2 ton truck just makes him all the more negligible for other people on the road/ in that town.

i'm not going to make it personal. i just think it's ridiculous to shift blame away from the trucker - which is what your comment does.

but the biker did make an illegal pass, and i can understand that the trucker doesn't want his street to become a race track. i constantly get pissed when i hear a few bikers that live around the corner from my house come flying down my street almost at redline, but i would NEVER take action to hurt them. there's the difference, and thats what this whole story/situation is about (just ask the OP what he posted this for), - the in-justification of the trucker's actions - not "what the motorcyclist did wrong".

Last edited by Conrice; 05-28-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:45 PM

Yes. Yes I am.

Just because someone is "another biker" doesn't make them automatically in the right. He never deserved to be nearly forced off the road or chased. He also shouldn't have made the pass.

Truck driver deserves to be in prison or a mental ward, by the way.

EDIT: Please don't get personal with this. I started another thread about this situation on a different forum and it was 18 pages of argument (which is what I wanted, a good discussion of what happened) and it turned into a mud slinging fest. I'm just stating my "not so popular" opinion. Take it for what it is.
Indeed. While the biker MAY have crossed a solid double yellow (which is a citable offense in most places) it doesn't give the hick the right to do anything he did. It's the pot calling the kettle black and then some...when the hick is committing attempted assault, attempted murder, speeding, reckless driving, amongst other things. His excuse "these dang bikers **** me off when they passin' me n my Ferd".

Old 05-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes. Yes I am.

It's actually very simple: was the level of the trucker's actions justified given the circumstances?

No they were not. Same as you can't punch someone in the face simply because they say they're going to kick your ***. The person saying they're going to kick your *** is making a Terroristic Threat but force is not justified at that point. Same as I'd be unable to shoot the trucker for simply brandishing a tire iron (or whatever it was). Until he moved within striking distance (10 feet) and presented a serious threat (cocking his arm back to swing), lethal force would not be justified. I'd be unable to even draw my weapon until he did those two things.

A vehicle is considered a lethal weapon. He did attempt to use lethal force. That force was not justified given the situation

Old 05-28-2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by F34Me?
The problem with your argument Dr, is that the pass that was made cannot be determined to be illegal from the video.
He passed on a double yellow. That's illegal. I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about.

The lines you see painted on the road are there as a "suggestion" of how to drive. They are not the law! As long as you do not break the speed limit, you can pass on a cop on a double yellow and he can do nothing about it.
Pleas explain this. You're the first person I've ever, in my 11 years driving, heard say this.

Double-yellow line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Check your local laws, but you can't pass on a double yellow. I dare you to pass a cop on a double yellow with a GoPro on your dash and post the video up.

Since we have no idea how fast the truck was going when he was passed, we cannot say for sure that any laws were broken by the guy on the bike. We are 100% certain the truck driver broke a law, this law states that "any motor vehicle being passed must yeild to the right for an overtaking motor vehicle".
We indeed CAN say that the motorcyclist broke the law. It's plain as day. We can also say that the truck driver is a maniac and should be in jail. One more thing is that if the rider didn't make the illegal pass, he could have avoided this situation. He wasn't passing for his safety. The guy who posted this video up is a member of a group of riders who frequent this road and use it as a twisty race track. That's been said on a number of different places.

who's to say he wouldn't have been in the same situation if he passed in a legal zone. that guy obviously doesn't care about the double yellow lines, look at his driving. my point was - he's mad that there are crotch rockets on that road - not specifically THOSE two crotch rockets (or what they did), hence the "somebody on crotch rockets" comment he made near the end of the video. his anger had nothing to do with those two specifically, it had to do with motorcyclists at large. and that little insignificant pass is what pushed him over the edge.
No one can say it wouldn't have happened on a dotted line. But that's not what happened and doesn't matter. I made no statement about that. Fact is, the riders had no reason to pass the truck other than continue to ride this twisty road at a brisk pace...to use it as their race track. You wouldn't have known what the guy thought about "crotch rockets" had the motorcyclist not made the illegal pass. That little insignificant pass started the ordeal, like it or not. Unfortunately, when you ride this way, sometimes people get pissed off...and you should expect that because people are ****ing idiots. This truck driver is a perfect example of that. But the motorcycle rider could have avoided this situation by obeying the law.

he was trying to run-over a crotch rocket for a victim-less crime.

add to the fact that he had an atv in the back of a 2 ton truck just makes him all the more negligible for other people on the road/ in that town.

i'm not going to make it personal. i just think it's ridiculous to shift blame away from the trucker - which is what your comment does.
What my comment does, if you would read it without a sense of "brothership" for the riders, is stress that if you're going to make a bad decision like illegal passing or road racing on a public street, you MUST be willing to face these types of consequences. You MUST expect people to react like this.

A month or so ago I was lane splitting while trying to get home for an appointment. It is completely illegal in Texas. At the front of the line was a black SUV with a woman...I could see her face in her side mirror looking disgusted. As I got in front of her to make the right turn she pulled up and bumped into my bike and leg, almost pushing me into traffic on purpose. That was totally my fault. She absolutely shouldn't have done it and it was a total overreaction on her part, and illegal I might add, but if I would have waited in the back of the line for my turn, it never would have happened. I don't have my head so far up my *** to not realize that.

but the biker did make an illegal pass, and i can understand that the trucker doesn't want his street to become a race track. i constantly get pissed when i hear a few bikers that live around the corner from my house come flying down my street almost at redline, but i would NEVER take action to hurt them. there's the difference, and thats what this whole story/situation is about (just ask the OP what he posted this for), - the in-justification of the trucker's actions - not "what the motorcyclist did wrong".
I would never have done what the trucker did. Or spread gravel in corners like some residents are doing up in North Houston on a popular motorcycle road. But what should also be noted, is that as motorcycle riders we have to be cautious and courteous to the public. There's a legitimate reason for why there's still a stigma on motorcycle riders. And it's because of the actions of the few. If these riders obeyed the law, they wouldn't have this video to post.

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
It's actually very simple: was the level of the trucker's actions justified given the circumstances?
The trucker shouldn't even have a "level". He should have called the cops. He didn't. The motorcycle rider shouldn't have made the pass either.

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
A vehicle is considered a lethal weapon. He did attempt to use lethal force. That force was not justified given the situation
We totally agree on that part. Would you say that this situation wouldn't have happened if the motorcycle rider didn't make the illegal pass, but instead stayed behind the truck driver obeying the law?

Old 05-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The trucker shouldn't even have a "level". He should have called the cops. He didn't. The motorcycle rider shouldn't have made the pass either.

We totally agree on that part. Would you say that this situation wouldn't have happened if the motorcycle rider didn't make the illegal pass, but instead stayed behind the truck driver obeying the law?
It does not matter what woulda / coulda / shoulda happened. What matters is what did happen. The law does not recognize "if"s. The driver of the truck in no way, shape or form was justified in his actions. The examples I gave were carefully chosen to explain justified use of force, including lethal force. Punching someone for them simply stating a threat but not acting on it would land you Assault & Battery. Me drawing my weapon before he entered reasonable melee range and began an attack would land me Brandishing / Terroristic Threat. Me shooting him before he entered reasonable melee range and began an attack would land me Attempted Murder (assuming I did not kill him). The Provocation in each of those instances does not merit the force used.

The rider's Provocation by riding irresponsibly did not merit the attempted use of lethal force by the trucker. I don't know Kentucky's Justifiable Homocide law specifically but I do know in many states if a person had shot the driver of the truck while he was attempting to hit the rider and continuing to present a lethal threat, they would be legally cleared of wrongdoing (assuming they received a fair trial). As that would fall under defending the life of another

Old 05-28-2011, 05:09 PM

Hey Doc, did you even read your own link? Not only does it say nothing of the action being illegal anywhere (though I do know it is illegal in Cali). It actually says:

In some states, it is not against the law to overtake vehicles in the presence of solid yellow lines if it is safe to do so. Section 3303 and 3305 of the Pennsylvania driver code are examples.[3] Vermont State Law also allows passing of the double yellow line when no traffic is on the opposing side, however, one must pass quickly and return to the proper side.[4]

Quick Reply: attempted murder!