Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

attempted murder!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 06:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F34Me?
From that link:

• Signs and Markings: Many roads have lane markings that tell you when
passing is legal or illegal. You may NOT pass when there is a solid line
on your side of the broken line of the road.
• You may pass if there is a solid yellow line on the left side of the broken
yellow line.
• Pass only if there are no oncoming vehicles.
• Signs are also used to tell you when passing is legal or illegal.

Kentucky law requires
• That a pass be completed before reaching the beginning of a “no passing
zone.”
• That a pass be completed when within 100 feet of an oncoming vehicle.

If you are still in the left lane when you reach the “no passing zone,” you
are violating the law.

So, signs are the law for sure, lines are about as clear as mud. I don't remember if there was a sign or not, but honestly I think it is still possible that the pass was legal. Of course there must be law written somewhere that is more clear.
What you are talking about are laws relating to the act of passing, as in the method. If there is a solid yellow line on your side of the road in Kentucky, based on the law, you can not go over it to make a pass. That's pretty clear.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD
Nor should the law accept it as justifiable. I don't think anyone would. I certainly don't. Not sure why you keep on bringing that up.
I keep bringing it up because you don't seem to be getting the point: what the law recognizes is the only thing that should matter

Saying the rider is without blame is also a dangerous precedent and is one that gives ALL riders a bad name. This very specific type of riding is bad for all of us...and over time has given guys like that truck driver a deep seated hatred for motorcyclists. Think that one over for a bit because it's true, whether we as a community like it or not. Understanding WHY that truck driver may have done what he did may help riders make better decisions on the road. That's the root of my point.
I could answer this in a way that I think would clearly illustrate the danger of trying to understand the thinking of a maniac but the forum rules prevent me. Suffice to say, sympathizing with insanity & predjudice in any amount is not an option here.

We'll agree to disagree
Who has advocated the driver's response? No one that I know of on here. He's a maniac.
Trying to blame the rider for causing the situation is advocating the driver's response in some small way

Old 05-28-2011, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
I keep bringing it up because you don't seem to be getting the point: what the law recognizes is the only thing that should matter
What should and what are do not make this world what it is. This issue is not black and white and for as long as their are cars and motorcycles sharing roads, it never will be.

I could answer this in a way that I think would clearly illustrate the danger of trying to understand the thinking of a maniac but the forum rules prevent me. Suffice to say, sympathizing with insanity & predjudice in any amount is not an option here.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Who is sympathizing with this truck driver. How is understanding what could possibly **** someone off so you can avoid it, sympathizing? You are trying so hard to paint me as a bad guy for saying this rider has some blame on his shoulders.

Trying to blame the rider for causing the situation is advocating the driver's response in some small way
Again, I'm not solely blaming the rider. But placing no blame on him is advocating that motorcyclists can do no wrong no matter the situation in some small way.

And you're right. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:19 PM

as entertaining as that convo above was, im sorta glad to see that it was in an adult like manner. many posts on forums go to crap and become childish so fast. anywho.

lets take this situation and throw it under pennsylvania law since im from here. the first rider would be ticketed for crossing the double line and its the judgement of the police/judge wether they want to consider it careless or reckless driving. Pa reckless driving can push 6 pts on license and automatic loss of license 6 months to 1 year easliy. Fines can exceed 1-2000 dollars. vehicle impounded. Or jail time 30-90 days. plus court fees/lawyers etc. Thats the extreme. the rider would have to step forward and press charges against the truck.

The videotaping rider would have to submit it as evidence giving all his info and would actually see possibly careless driving based off the pace of following the speeding truck. far stretch but with a lawyer and 1-2000 bucks would get tossed out of court.

The truck driver would be in a bit trouble. aside from reckless driving and pts and fines as mentioned before from frider 1, he could see reckless endangerment to another human being. that shows like 1-2 yrs jail. or as far as attempted vehicular manslaughter which could serve like 10-15 yrs jail. plus fines and loss of license etc.

Now being in Kentucky i dnt know what there laws are but i showed the video to 2 leos around me to get this info. either way itll turn out that all get into trouble or nothing happens at all. if its the latter then i bet the police in that area start pulling more motorcyclists over since this will get media attention and since were on the darkside we wnt win.

its a ****ty situation and personally i would of passed the truck the same way but i tend to only pass on straights cause im afraid of blind turns and woulda probablly got hit by the truck.

just my .02

Old 05-28-2011, 07:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dohcdelsol
as entertaining as that convo above was, im sorta glad to see that it was in an adult like manner. many posts on forums go to crap and become childish so fast. anywho.
Well seein how we're both Texans, I'd reckon we'd have to be face to face to get downright infantile

Old 05-28-2011, 07:41 PM

hahaha i could only imagine. but kuro if you take my candy im tellin mum on you! she'll make you stick your nose in the corner for 10 minutes!

(actually mum beat my *** when i stepped out of line so maybe not)

Old 05-28-2011, 07:53 PM

i saw this vid on junkies

i don't like riding on 10-22-159 because of the fact that you are riding on roads that people live on. the residents will get tired of it and **** like this happens

Old 05-28-2011, 07:54 PM

Well seein how we're both Texans, I'd reckon we'd have to be face to face to get downright infantile
Oddly enough...I'm originally from Pittsburgh. Not Texas.

So...you're in MY home state!!!

Old 05-28-2011, 07:59 PM

haha true but pitt is 6 hrs away so i dnt consider it in OUR state. Get your own damn state!

just messin (wheres the run and hide icon when ya need it?)

Old 05-28-2011, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by dohcdelsol
haha true but pitt is 6 hrs away so i dnt consider it in OUR state. Get your own damn state!

just messin (wheres the run and hide icon when ya need it?)
It's ok...when I was at PSU for college I had my fair share of run ins with people from Eastern PA...we just didn't mix well...had something to do with some girly birds they liked.

Quick Reply: attempted murder!