Riding Skills Want to improve your skills on or off the track?

When you bought your bike...did you ride it back?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first bike (A 1997 Ninja ZX6-E) didn't run when I bought it, so it had to get towed to the shop. I didn't get to ride it for about 3 months after I bought it, and dropped it less than 24 hours after getting it home.

My F4i I bought at a local guy's house and hopped on the freeway immediately. I was halfway home before I realized my bike had no mirrors.

Old 03-22-2011, 04:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend bought/picked up the bike for me while i was at work. He was waiting in the street for me with it as soon as i got off around 230 am, we went to a nearby parking lot, i hopped on (first time ever on any motorcycle), did a lap around the parking lot, threw him the keys to my car, then took off and rode till about 6am. Most fun ive ever had.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:18 PM

Ha Ha I remember when I brought my first bike home. It was a 96' Katana 600f and I had also never ridden a bike before. I pulled out of the guys driveway and went across the road into a shallow ditch one footed it back onto the road and took off home ha ha. I didn't drop it though ha ha. Then when I got home my neighbors kids had 100crf dirt bikes and said "hey nice bike you must know how to ride wanna try out my dirt bike?" So that was also my first day on a dirt bike as well ha ha. Im sure the kid I bought it from thought he was gonna see me on the news that night ha ha.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:23 PM

Rode both my bike home.
1st F4i: 20 miles away--glad I did, it had a bad battery. Went dead a half-mile down the road... Best ride of my life.

2nd F4i (after a stolen 1st one): Bought it, then went straight to work.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:34 PM

When ever I get my first bike, Hopefully in the next two weeks. My boss is going to ride it back for me as I wont have my licence back for another while. But when we get back to the garage I will be having a spin off it on private property.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"having a spin off it"??? Sounds painful...

Old 03-23-2011, 05:57 PM

My GF droped me off at a bike shop a week after i got my bike license. payed cash for my 01 600f4i, put in it first with out the clutch, stalled out in front of the guy i just bought the bike from, he yelled "you got to use the clutch". Came to the first light and stalled out twice. I tryed to get out the way so i twisted the throttle hard and pulled the front tire of the ground in second (52 tooth rear sprocket). Made it to the bridge with no more problems...... Just as i get on the bridge a bicycle on the back of an accord falls off the rack 40 feet infront of me and in the left lane (i was in the right). the bicycle starts bouncing allover the place. Starts going in to my lane.. i grab the brakes hard and downshift.. the bike missed me by 2 feet.... made it home alive.....oh yea no blinkers or mirrors..

Old 03-23-2011, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by nowensby
"having a spin off it"??? Sounds painful...
LOL. Having a ride off it

Old 03-23-2011, 06:38 PM

Nope. I bought my first bike last summer and I had to put it on a trailer. I drove straight from the dealer to my insurance guy's office and then straight to the plate agency to get a license plate. Got home, unloaded it, threw the tag on, and went for a ride. I hacked the mudflap off within 24 hours and installed HID's within a week. lol

Old 03-23-2011, 09:06 PM

i trailered mine home because it was really god dang cold

Quick Reply: When you bought your bike...did you ride it back?