CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Riding Skills (https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-skills-88/)
-   -   When you bought your bike...did you ride it back? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-skills-88/when-you-bought-your-bike-did-you-ride-back-121890/)

gitoy 03-02-2011 09:08 PM

When you bought your bike...did you ride it back?

my wife drove me and rode the bike back for 175 miles...

riding a new to me 07 cbr600 was a strange feeling...guys i thought i was going to drop it several times around town specially on turns...and then on to the freeway for over 150 miles...

i was used to the soft handling and upright riding position of the ninja250...needless to say i was hurting when i got home, wrists, neck, back...but boy with several push ups and sit ups everyday and over 4,000 miles later i find the riding position and the firm ride to be more and more to my liking...and the ninja pouting in the garage...

so how was your first ride on your bike?...

backyardmechanic 03-02-2011 09:21 PM

im sure i am going to catch a lot of sh*t for saying this, but the minute i had the motorcycle delivered to my driveway, i got on and rode it to work, never having riddden a minute in my life

scorpionvmu 03-02-2011 10:04 PM

i was going to trailer my bike home but couldnt wait to ride her.... so i rode her home in the evening exactly 2 weeks ago. it was a day i will remember to the rest of my life. she poped my street bike cherry.

NRWhiteKnight 03-02-2011 10:07 PM

I trailered mine home, but that's cause my wife doesn't drive. But Before I got home I stopped at a friends house to show him and we unloaded it and rode it around the block a couple of times.

Kuroshio 03-02-2011 10:55 PM

Trucked mine home. Didn't ride her until I went over her for mechanical worthiness...

And I still missed the fact the tires were low :(

DagonRais 03-02-2011 11:15 PM

Ha, drove two miles on an interstate with a buddy who rides to get it. It was 30 degrees outside so I told him I wasn't comfortable riding on the interstate... I really just didn't want to freeze my balls off LOL.

Once we got off the highway I had him drive my truck the rest of the way home and drove it the rest of the way HA

comodidit 03-02-2011 11:27 PM

I took my bike around the block before I bought it, everything seemed fine.

Get it out on the highway to ride home, find out it's leaking coolant, tire is worn weird, chain is loose, and that F*king buzz of the cam chain tensioner drove me insane.

Stupid idea, should have hauled the thing back to town, but didn't have a truck, or a friend with a truck, and it had to get home somehow.

Funkymonk 03-03-2011 05:28 AM

My first bike, a cbr125, I had delivered to my house. Nine months and lots of riding later,
I passed my test and the following day arranged to exchange the 125 for my cbr600 f2.
Apart from my 125, I'd never rode any other bike before.
It was a 20 mile journey home and my hands were shaking as I set off, but as soon as I got going I fell in love with the 600.
I thought to myself on the way home "I'll take it easy....I'll just overtake this car....oh ****! I'm doing 95mph! Slow down...."
I was grinning ear to ear when I got home, having taken the longer 50mile scenic route on the way.
It was a good way to get to know the bike.

Xander F4i 03-03-2011 12:31 PM

i wish i'd have had gear to ride it when i got it, like i have now. as it was, i used to using a helmet that was one size to big (didn't notice it though, because i was used to riding a bike with a full windsheild). i ended up riding the bike a couple miles to a friend's house of the guy i got the bike from to put it in the back of a pick up. two hours later, unloaded it from the pick up at my best friend's house & riding it a mile and a half.

tucsondude 03-03-2011 03:09 PM

rode both of my bikes home.

1st bike (gs500) had a dead battery and my first real bike ride, had fun learning the petcock and bump starting.

the cbr rode 115 miles home on the freeway at night in december without a test ride:icon_bike: