Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Looking for a new mesh jacket...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wear scorpion i have an all black textile jacket and a black and red version(both hat trick) i love them both cool enough to wear in the summer yet warm enough in the winter
i even had an owl land on my shoulder and it didnt tear up the jacket so i would say
they are really tough.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:29 AM

i have the joe rocket mesh jacket that you mentioned, quality is ok. I have a joe rocket honda textile jacket I took the liner out of and is comfortable enough to wear in the florida summer.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:03 PM

Those Scorpion Jackets you listed have Textile panels in the high impact areas and a tight weave mesh that will protect better than the open mesh jackets like the Joe Rocket one you listed.

Icon Mesh Jackets are also made of a tougher tight weave mesh which is better in a crash than the FS/ JR stuff.

There are lots of Leather Jacket by Cortech, AVG, and Alpenstars to name a few that have breathe pannels (not just vents) in the arms to flow loads of air in summer heat. Joe Rocket even has a BlackHawk ( I think) jacket that is 75% leather with zip off Cordura panels down the sides of the torso which reveal mesh sections to flow tons of air and still keep the benefits of leather. look around New Enough.com is you friend.

Psy

Old 04-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

To follow up with this older post, check out https://cbrforum.com/forum/riding-gear-31/looking-new-jacket-considering-few-108667/

I ended up buying the Scorpion Hat Trick.. I love this thing.. its red and black.

I would have gone with a strictly mesh jacket, but my only somewhat vented textile Teknic jacket was a bit large on me.. It is an XL and it was a bit big when I got it (I usually take a large) but it worked well in the cold when I would wear a sweater or a thicker shirt... with a short sleeve or button down shirt it was way big even with the liner in.. plus I have lost about 10# since last fall... so I got the Hat Trick in a large.. what a great fit.. I have both liners in still and it is very comfortable (much like the Teknic with the liner in) at current temps of mid to high 60s.. I havent taken the liners out yet..

Great value, great looks and great fit. Got it from New Enough.

Adam

Old 04-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Smile

just order the hat trick (red and black) from motorcycle-superstore.com
HALF OFF
CLOSEOUT

Old 04-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Official Welcome Crew

NewEnough has it for pretty much the same price.. and to be honest.. they have done the right thing by me when I needed them to.. so I don't have a problem spenging the extra coin on shipping to give NE the business... motorcycle-superstore I have never dealt with....

It doesnt matter anyway... I already got it..

Adam

Old 06-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bumping an old thread, but I was looking for something inexpensive to get me though the summer, planning on Leather in the fall. I liked the look of the Tourmaster Intake Air 2, but the wife was concerned about all the mesh and lack of textile, so the Scorpion Hat Trick fit the bill.

Sadly, appears the Hat Trick (Maybe just some colors?) has been discontinued and lots of places are going into closeout mode - I just snapped up a Large Yellow on Ebay from a Honda dealer out of Ohio for just under $100 shipped. (they had multiples of the Yellow, but they have been dwindling, today there was only one left, so I pulled the trigger.) They have several more in other colors - for the price, I couldn't say no.

dunno if the forum frowns on pimping Ebay sellers (If so - Admin just edit this part out), but this is where I found it: http://stores.ebay.com/Honda-East-Toledo - I figure I'm still supporting a local dealership, just not one that's local to me. I feel a little better about that than buying from some faceless storefront on the interwebs.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i have both the jackets you're looking at, and i pretty much wear the scorpion all the time if that tells you anything. i think the scorpion is a much nicer jacket. although, i do think airflow is a tad better in the rocket.

Old 06-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Official Welcome Crew

I have since ridden with my Hat Trick with both liners, just the thinner wind liner, and now in the heat of the summer I ride without any liners... love this jacket...