F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Help picking which mesh jacket!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help picking which mesh jacket!

Hey guys so i'm stuck between these 2 jackets, Teknic
Aquavent Mesh Jacket, and the Shift Racing 2010 Model
Airborne Mesh Jacket. Like i said in the previous post i live in hawaii and it's quite hot year around (70s to 80s) with decent humidity. on the side of the island i live on it does rain a bunch, i'm actually leaning more towards the Shift, but if anyone has any opinions i'd love to hear it!

Old 01-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Teknic. Seems like it has more protection. Plus the belt loop connectors to help keep it from sliding up in a fall, reflective panels, etc.

Seems more geared for riding and visibility

P.S.
Word of advice when picking gear (saw your previous post): Don't plan for the ride, plan for the fall. Hawaii isn't the only place that gets hot. Had some 90s weather last summer here in Philadelphia. And I still wore my leather jacket.

Just invest in good anti-perspirant / deoderant

Last edited by Kuroshio; 01-10-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:54 PM

That's what i was thinking but it looks rather hott lol. and i googled both of them and the Shift had ALOT of reviews and people were saying it's the "best mesh jacket they've had". If anyone owns or tried either opinions please!

Old 01-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well something else to consider when picking a jacket is you'll be the hottest when you're not moving. Traffic, lights, stop signs and etc. My Icon has zipper vents which do absolutely squat when I'm at a light. But its significantly cooler the moment I start moving.

Consider how often you'll be just sitting on the bike and like I said: Don't plan for the ride, plan for the fall. More armor / padding for the minor sacrifice of a little hotter when stuck at a light? I'll take more armor / padding, no question

Old 01-10-2010, 02:12 PM

That's also a good point, thanks! Do you guys think the Teknic offers wayyy more padding?

Old 01-10-2010, 02:13 PM

FYI: I've never seen either jacket in real life i'm purchasing it online.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:36 PM

Not gonna lie. I wish I had this so called "hot" weather while wearing my leather jacket. Because this 90-100 degree with 70-80% humidity in the summer has been kicking my ***.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:09 PM

My opinion I would never buy a mesh jacket ever again mainly because the material is so soft the pads slide around making it very uncomfortable. And also the aftermath of a few wrecks of people wearing mesh almost makes me sick to my stomach (mesh melting to their skin). Either go with textile or leather.. I wear leather in all weather hot or cold, like said above it does get crazy hot sitting still but just try to avoid that.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:17 PM

I am a fan of the textile jackets.. I do have one Joe Rocket mesh though and i got to say its like wearing a t-shirt going down the road.. You will see a lot of die hard leather wearers which ever one has their own opinion. No matter what you go with, remember its better then nothing at all !!

Old 01-10-2010, 09:55 PM

I've got a couple mesh jackets I don't use. What size are you?

Quick Reply: Help picking which mesh jacket!