F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Help picking which mesh jacket!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Medium.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:03 PM

It gets really hot in Miami, and I ALWAYS use my leather jacket. After my slip and slide on the highway, I'll never wear anything other then leather. Saved a lot of skin. I have the Accelerant jacket, and honestly, it's great in the heat.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a Teknic Supervent, which seems comparable to that aquavent you're eyeing. It's actually the only riding jacket I've ever owned so I can't give you a good comparison, but I love it. I'm a stocky guy, 5'10" at around 200 lbs. I've taken one fall with it at very low speed and at first I didn't think the crash was too bad until I looked at how scratched up the palms of my gloves were (Alpinestar gloves, so they weren't cheapies, either). My upper body was literally immaculate, no sores, bruises, or anything. The CE pads did their job perfectly and I barely felt any shock at all to my upper body. Also, the outer fabric remains in perfect shape.

As far as venting, it does a good job. I sweat a lot. To give you an idea, I can probably break a sweat if I start breathing too hard. As long as I'm moving, my body remains pretty cool. Those adjustment straps around the waist/arms are a good way to keep the pads in place while maintaining good airflow.

Two cons with the supervent is the waterproof layer is zippered in and the few rides I've taken in the rain I've had bits of water soak in. The second con is that the jacket feels like it's a bit short. And there's a kind of third con, but I haven't had a chance to test it, if you plan on getting pants that can zipper in, it's only like a 10" zipper so I dunno how secured they'd be onto the pants.

Old 01-11-2010, 08:29 AM

Thanks bro! I'm actually pretty sure i'm gonna pick up the teknic, appreciate your input!