Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

HELP with GEAR..jacket mesh bad>?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP with GEAR..jacket mesh bad>?

is mesh bad for a jacket i know its not beter then leather but im trying to decide it on jackets..but i cant decide..i understand it has to do with my taste...but here are two that im into:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...12&Division=1#

or

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...112&Division=1

or (this is leather)

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...112&division=1

Old 09-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Default RE: HELP with GEAR..jacket mesh bad>?

I have a mesh one I'll sell you. I want to get a leather jacket and something that fits better mine is too big for me. I think the mesh ones there look better but as we know leather is better as far as protection goes. I would say go to the store and try them on before you buy it and see if it feels good on. Don't listen to the stupid sales people either, they don't know a damn thing in my opinion and I hate them. The one problem I have is on my mesh jacket in the collar it rubs against my neck when I ride and cuts into me when I turn my head to look. That's just how its sewn and not much I can do about it. =( If I could go back in time I would definately have gotten a leather jacket and then maybe a really thin summer jacket.

Mike

Old 09-13-2006, 06:03 PM

just buy leather, it is worth the extra money. if u crash the mesh will just melt away, i have seen it so many times.

Old 09-13-2006, 06:50 PM

It seems that leather is the way to go......man they are pricy.......i heard that dennis kirk (denniskirk.com) have some good deals on leather jackets and they look good..something about a offsale they have..huge discounts....anyone order jackets from them?

Old 09-13-2006, 07:06 PM

or parts411.com

Old 09-13-2006, 07:12 PM

thanks man..ill check it out right now.....everyone in my town has icons..lol..but they do look tight

Old 09-13-2006, 07:46 PM

Dennis kirk will also price match anything over $100 and their shipping is super fast... Try www.Metricbikes-superstore.com They have a good selection and have been the lowest prices i have seen... i bought both of my jackets and gloves from there...

Old 09-13-2006, 07:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mesh will give you some abrasion protection if you're not going too fast, but you'll have to replace it after the crash. Still, it's a lot better than bare arms (and cheaper than medical bills).

Heavier textiles (cortech, etc.) aren't as breathable, but offer more protection, and a lot of them have enough vents that they're not bad as long as you're moving.

Leather, perforated for summer and non-perf for cooler weather, gives you the best protection.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:16 PM

vasta101 thank man..another website for me to check out....and you are right munson...

thanks you guys:

ps: snowboarding82 thanks for the offer..but im 5'5..lol....but if you have a pic of it..ill think about it...paste on..for some reason i cant see peps pics..when they have it has an attachment

Old 09-13-2006, 09:56 PM

i think i am going to go with this jacket....before i do..... i want the RIDERS thoughts on it....later ill get a leather jacket...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...112&Division=1

Quick Reply: HELP with GEAR..jacket mesh bad>?