Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

MOTY Gear Indicator and Color Change

Old 03-25-2011, 12:42 AM
Default MOTY Gear Indicator and Color Change

-Why you decided to purchase the product -
I had an inferiority complex to my friend's gixxer who had a gear indicator, lol. Plus, I really like how the black out and the color change looks like.

-Where you bought it from -
Mod of the Year Design • MOTY lightweight motorcycle batteries

-Price -
$290 shipped but can vary depending on options

-Did the product meet your expectations? How/Why?
It absolutely did. The quality of work is incredible, looks like it came from the factory this way. The blackout looks totally sweet, it really does an incredible job of adding that wow factor. The leds are bright and everything is just perfect.

-Would you recommend the product to others?
I recommend this to everyone. Honda needs to pick up Brian and get him on their team! Everything about this product is quality and how it works is just great. I absolutely love having a gear indicator and the black out mod. Amazing!

-Would you buy it again?
Without a doubt, no hesitation at all, I would give Brian my business again. I ordered some parts from him later on that I needed. I needed them pretty quick, and he sent them out priority even before the check cleared! Just the customer service alone is worth the price of admission. I plan to get his batteries in the future. If I had to do it again, I would probably stick with the green indicator lights and after seeing it, I am not really too fond of the secondary tach being red, I should have kept it white, the transition isn't really my thing now that I look at it, so in the future I might send it back to have Brian do his magic.

Now onto the pictures, they don't do them justice like everyone else has said, you have to see them in person!!!

Here is how it looks when I got it, I am sure everyone knows how a stock dash looks like, so you can compare to see the difference:
Name:  02042011080.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  50.2 KB

A picture I took with some settings adjusted, not really sure what they were, I just have a point and shoot:
Name:  100_1491.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  45.9 KB

Another picture:
Name:  100_1492.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  18.4 KB

A picture from a different angle:
Name:  100_1490.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  51.0 KB

Once again, I love this mod! Turn around time was extremely fast also. I can't say enough about Brian and his service. If anyone has any questions, hopefully I can answer. Thanks again for reading another one of my reviews.