Product Reviews Review various motorcycle products you have used.

horrible ronayers.com customer service

Old 09-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Default horrible ronayers.com customer service

I like to hear about good and bad customer service and just wanted to pass along my dismal experience with ron ayers motorsports. would HIGHLY recommend using other options....

I got the yamaha relay (4KB-81940-01-00 ) in Feb 08 through Ron Ayers (ronayers.com) and even from the first shot, it was questionable.
well, the starter relay worked reasonably well for about 5 months and 30-50 starts until it just took a dump on me.
I called ronayers and was told sorry, 30-day warranty only, but call yamaha.
called yamaha... was told, 'no, it's a 12-month warranty they should honor that'
called ronayers and was told that they'd call me back.
no call back.
called 3 days later and was told that i have to go to a yamaha dealer and they'll test and then warranty it.
I said that sounded unlikely and called the yamaha dealer (45-mins away) and was literally laughed at.
Called ronayers back and was given a bunch of bologna. so I said, 'i'll buy another from you, send this one back, you test it and when it tests bad refund the purchase price of the one i'll buy now.'
that sounded good to them, but then they said no, that I'd need to take my bike to a yamaha dealer and have them test it on the bike.
then they said that the problem is that i took it off of the bike and that i could bring it in to them. in north carolina. from los angeles.
or i could just take it to the yamaha dealer.
i said they'd charge me their $5000 test charge and i was sure that ronayers wasn't going to pick up that tab, so why not just warranty this to begin with.
i'm done. i've spent 2 hours on the phone and will now spend some time making sure that their horrible customer service is known.
They have good deals, but many dealers will price match.
I would just suggest that you only deal with ronayers if you never plan on having problems with what you order.