Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

Cops stole my gixxer!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 05:34 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cops stole my gixxer!

Yeah, I went through some BS like that, not with my bike though. Some codes enforcement officer of something tried to tell me I was going to be arrested for going 65 in a 55. WTF? They can pull people over for speeding? And he had to honk and wave me down to do so. He said he was going to have to impound my vehicle to wait inspection, and arrest me. I called 911 immediately saying a fake cop was trying to impound my vehicle. About 30 seconds later, about 8 cops pull up sirens and everything and wanted to know what was going on.

I told them, the cops checked the dude out and he was a codes enforcer, but had no right to pull me over. He was fired for impersonating a police officer and spent some time in jail.

My advice: If anything feels remotely fishy about anything, especially with impounds or jail. Call 911, even if it is a real cop. There are corrupt officers out there.

But I'm not trying to say cops are bad. They saved my *** that time and plenty others. I have a huge respect for cops. When I get pulled over, I get mad at myself, not them. After all, I and only I was the one breaking the law. They are just doing their jobs. (the good ones anyway).

Old 09-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that sucks *** but thats what they do when you they find stolen property. The ticket is BS and I would fight. Where I live at the DMV it is State highway patrol officers? Well at least the one i goto.....so you know they are the biggest ********.

Still the cop sounds like to me was treating you like you were the one that stole the bike....I think he needed to be more reasonable, but either way he had to get the bike, but could have done so in more of a professional way....there all ********.....all of em!

Old 10-04-2006, 04:33 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: chesthing
I still can't believe there's someone out there dumb enough to buy a bike with the intention of registering it without a title.
i know this is an old post but i just read it and i couldnt believe what i was reading ! not only did the poster get his bike taken but then this other member starts sayin how dumb it is to buy a bike without a title. id totally agree if he was buying from a private party but truth of the matter is that when you buy from a auction house, or a tow yard.. they dont have to have a title to re-sell the vehicle. all that is needed is a bill of sale and possibly some lien paper work. thats how it is in Ca anyways. so its not that dumb alot of people do it everyday and this time a guy got screwed because someone @ the auction house didnt do their job and check about the bike.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:01 AM

You're right, it was an intelligent move buying a bike from an auction house worth about 6 grand for $2.400 without a title and then acting like a 3 year old trashing his own belongings after the cops took back what the real victim in this case had yanked away from him from some ****ing rat bastards. Grow up.

Old 10-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think the OP was guilty of anything wrong with the purchase. This is America, and he bought a good deal. It just turned out to be a paperwork nightmare. Now he can lawyer up and sue the auction house. My family went through something similar with heir property and the title company not doing their job. It's time consuming but he has to decide if it's worth the $2400+ time invested to fight it.

The temper tantrum was a bit much and also blowing up the sun....come on. Any more comments like that and G-Dubyas folks will be at your door to take you to Gitmo and deprive you of your civil liberties.

Old 10-06-2006, 02:14 AM

You're right, it was an intelligent move buying a bike from an auction house worth about 6 grand for $2.400 without a title and then acting like a 3 year old trashing his own belongings after the cops took back what the real victim in this case had yanked away from him from some ****ing rat bastards. Grow up.
actually it really was a intelligent move buying from an auction house. most car dealerships do this all day long not to mention everyday people. its a great way to save some money if you have the time, front money and effort to fix it back to stock. as far as his "temper tantrum" that was alittle over done but how would you feel if one day someone came to take your bike back when you had nothing to do with it being stolen. you'd be pissed too, not to mention feel like the original owner afterwards pissed because your bike just got taken from you .

Old 10-07-2006, 01:21 AM

If you buy a bike without a title you are asking for trouble. Just ask Jbaz. I've bought about 30 vehicles in my 27 years of driving/riding - and you?

Old 10-07-2006, 01:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Jaybird180

I don't think the OP was guilty of anything wrong with the purchase. This is America, and he bought a good deal. It just turned out to be a paperwork nightmare. Now he can lawyer up and sue the auction house. My family went through something similar with heir property and the title company not doing their job. It's time consuming but he has to decide if it's worth the $2400+ time invested to fight it.

The temper tantrum was a bit much and also blowing up the sun....come on. Any more comments like that and G-Dubyas folks will be at your door to take you to Gitmo and deprive you of your civil liberties.
The lawyer would cost more than $2,400. this isnt a paperwork nightmare, it's a stolen bike for christ sake.

Old 10-07-2006, 03:46 AM

If you buy a bike without a title you are asking for trouble. Just ask Jbaz. I've bought about 30 vehicles in my 27 years of driving/riding - and you?
you know what man im not even gonna get into this with youbut i want u to know that ive done this on the side for about the past 4 years buying cars fixing them and selling them. i know how it works and the headaches that come with it. if you dont want to take the risk thats your choice but dont sit there and knock on someone who decided to try buying from a auction house its their choice

Old 10-08-2006, 03:30 PM

Maybe someone innexperienced in buying vehicles will read this thread and decide to question whether to buy that bike or car without a title, and maybe my comments will prevent a stupid decision. I can certainly live with that.