Other Bike Chat Discuss other makes and models of bikes made by Honda, or competing brands.

Cops stole my gixxer!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 05:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cops stole my gixxer!

In Australia, they have this thing called V-check... you do it online with the VIN and engine number... it costs between $10 and $30 and tells you all the previous owners and locations... if there's no alert out for it, the bike is safe to buy... and as far as I understand, can't be "resumed"

Shops have an obligation to confirm they are not selling stolen property, but it sounds like auctions just cover their own a$$by saying all the responsibility is with the purchaser... was the bike registered at the time you purchased it?

The DMV w4nk$ should burn in hell for all eternity since they were a$$holes, above and beyond the call of duty.

Being in the US, surely there's someone you can sue!!!

Really sorry to hear the raw deal you got... have you on-sold the parts you souvinered yet?

Old 06-09-2006, 05:23 AM

Damn!!! Now that realy sucks ***! Realy sorry to hear about that. I think if this happened to me this would be one of the million times in my life where hindsight is better than 20/20 and would have called a lawer to slow things down so maybe you had a chance to look at all your options, if you had any...but im thinking if the bike in question were still at large the police or someone would be more willing to make sure the auction house...or someone would see that you got refunded. I'm prolly talking from my *** here...but been in situations before like that where i been burned and no one seems willing to do a damn thing, and pretty much, I was the *** hole in thier eyes for not checking things out more thouroughly.
Grrrrrrr I feel for you man.

Old 06-17-2006, 03:53 AM

I too hate those dmv sh-t head no good high school drop out 6$ an hour making ******* beat their mud crap for brains a-- licking douche bags.

every time i go into the dmv it takes hours before i get out and most of the time they have no idea how to do their job. i ask a lady a question and she looks at me like i'm not speaking english. what the hell do you do. by the end of the day my head feals like it is going to explode and i still dont get what i intended to get done.just a big f---ing headache.

i just want to let you know you are not alone.

Old 06-27-2006, 02:52 PM

To work at the DMV you have to have an ***-hole and use it, be completely stupid, and not know a ****ing clue about law- trust me.

When I bout my bike I went to get my motorcycle "m" on my DL but was told my temporary tag wasn't legal. I had the bill of sale etc.. from the day before in my pocket and was told that didn't matter. I went to the tag office and a COP told me the DMV employee's could't pass a Kindergarten exam- this is no lie. Anyhow, the tag guy said in TN you don't even need a temp tag- all you need is the bill of sale showing when you bought. You have 30 days to get your tag- period. Went back to the DMV (after riding without my proper license- at the DMV bitch's request) and was told the Police officer and tag clerk didnt' know what they were talking about. I checked the DMV's website and it agreed with the cop and the tag guy- 30 days and no temp tag required.

Why does it take 3 hours for a 10 second photo anyway?

I hate all DMV employees I don't care who you are!

Old 08-03-2006, 12:45 PM

You bought a bike without a title? I didnt know people even did that...

Old 08-03-2006, 02:31 PM

That sucks, man.

I hate to be the one to say it, though, but werent you the least bit interested in why a 2005 GSXR cost $2,400? The 'auction house' sounds sketchy as hell.

If its too good a deal to be true, then it isnt true.

Old 08-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jbaz, anything new on the outcome???? Clean and free, Ripp'n

Old 08-03-2006, 05:05 PM

ORIGINAL: rippn

Jbaz, anything new on the outcome???? Clean and free, Ripp'n
I think we know the outcome, he trashed some of his belongings and moped around for a couple weeks. I still can't believe there's someone out there dumb enough to buy a bike with the intention of registering it without a title. Hate to kick someone who's down, but....

Old 08-07-2006, 12:26 PM

I agree with chesthing ....as for being an eagle scout?????? I am one too but don't recall wanting to kill everyone and start WWIII??? If that's how you were acting with the dmv, no wonder you got a ticket. Grow up a little man, when you buy a 2005 Gixxer for $2,400 stuff like that happens.

Old 08-15-2006, 06:31 AM

OUCH!!

Quick Reply: Cops stole my gixxer!