Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

wtf is wrong w/ people today...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: wtf is wrong w/ people today...

Thats a bunch of nonsense!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Triax

The thing that really irritates me is they make these stupid as all f*ck songs that don't mean a damn thing and they make MILLIONS of dollars. I won't make a million dollars in my lifetime but they make it by singing a song about gay soldier boys and skeet skeet skeet sh*t.
Werd. I hear you man. I BUUUUUUST my ****ing ass45+ hours a week and barely get by. These dumb****s come up with lyics that I was saying when I was 9 months old and they never have to worryabout money again.[:@]

-Bury Your Dead
-Bleeding Through
-Dead To Fall
-Emmure

Old 01-27-2008, 05:31 PM

DDCavi we would get along real good. I work long hours actually accomplishing something unlike these stupid songs and I listen to those bands on your sig also some others are Kataklysm,Killswitch Engage,Lamb of God,Hatebreed,and I killed the prom queen to name a few besides classic rock Led Zeppelin best band EVER!

Old 01-28-2008, 03:13 PM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

+1

I hate all rap. All they rap about is there oppression from the white man, their gang violence, making money from selling drugs, and screwing women. They are all unintelligent and the people that like this crap that only consists of 2 words throughout the entire song are retards too.
+1 AMEN!

Old 01-28-2008, 03:31 PM

That is trash. No better way to describe it. I can't beleive that kinda crap exists. I actually feel like I lost brain cells watching that.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:04 PM

Please tell me that song is not played on the radio!!!!

Old 01-28-2008, 05:30 PM

ive listened to rap all my life. i understand that the majority of rap is stupid, and ignorant with rapping about nothing but money, drugs, and women.

but it is also unfair to say ALL rappers are unintelligent, etc.

my fav. rapper ofa ll time is Tupac. he was back in the 90s when rap was about expression and a message to people. not just makin somethin sound good so ppl can dance to it now days. although there are ppl out today that still do that. for instance JayZ has always been more political about his rapping and had a message to his music. Also, lil wayne is probably my fav. rapper out right now. hes very intelligent and the analogies he makes are so creative its crazy. his raps are alot about money but usually he has a little meaning with it and the shear word play he uses is entertaining enough to make it worthwhile to listen to just to try to figure out what he means by some of his lines.

i know no matter what ppl are gonna hate rap and say its "all this, or all that" but really its not
i dont personally listen to rock, but i also dont say its all just a bunch of screaming into the microphone with no purpose or meaning. i now you guys listen to it to get pumped, or maybe the lines have meaning and ij ust cant understand it. so please dont make broad generalizations because no matter what thers no way that every rapper, or every rocker can be said to have the exact same qualities as every other person in that group.

EDIT: o yea and i cant stand souljaboi. that stupid superman song has to be the most annoying thing ever. it seems his niche in the industry it to find a few words, put some music to them and yell them over and over and let ppl dance to it. not my type of rap

Old 01-28-2008, 05:33 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

Please tell me that song is not played on the radio!!!!
lol, the best was when he was on trl last week ( yes i am guilty of watching trl once in a while) and premeired this video. when it was done you could just see the host and everybody in the audience looking around going "wtf, is this a jokehe cant be serious".

Old 01-28-2008, 07:47 PM

ok guys, not all rap is garbage, yes most of the mainstream stuff is, i can agree with that.The open minded folks that would like to listen to decent HIP HOP should listen to , Lupe Fiasco, Common, Talib Kweli and alsoKanye. kanyeis good but is waymore mainstream than the others. Lupe Fiasco is my favorite of these artistand his lyrics are well thought out and are full of metaphors, and hedoesnt rap about money and hoes....

Old 01-28-2008, 07:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Leon@carolinacycle

ORIGINAL: Nauree

+1

I hate all rap. All they rap about is there oppression from the white man, their gang violence, making money from selling drugs, and screwing women. They are all unintelligent and the people that like this crap that only consists of 2 words throughout the entire song are retards too.
+1 AMEN!
one of the most closed minded opinions i've ever read.....it is an opinion none the less......however whether you care or not there is rap out there that proves your opinion to be false...not all rappers are like that, just like all sport bike riders arent squids and stunters....