Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Why are more people wearing gear.
It's cool to have the "name" brand gear a style so to speak
13.86%
I've wrecked before
26.73%
I'm older and alot smarter
59.41%
All my gear matches my bike
20.79%
I dont wear gear
3.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Why more sportbikers are gearing up?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 05:08 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No
Gear
No
Insurance ? Intelligence ?

How about..
Need Gear
Need Intellect........?

Old 05-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No gear, No idea'r?? Lol maybe that one only works here in the south with a drawl...

Old 05-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always wear gear hot or not. I saw a fat chick with just a t shirt on riding some cheap cruiser today, she waved and I just shook my head in shame. I wonder if the fat helps when you fall hahaha.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:53 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuckbear
Well I'm driving to Home Depot yesterday and I see these two guys...

Squid #1 on the left -- complete with lowered, stretched gixxer with a straight pipe blipping at the stoplight in his white kicks, shorts, tshirt and sunglasses -- watches squid #2 waddle his bike around this u-turn on his stretched and lowered bike in clean black & white kicks, sunglasses, shorts, and tee as he proceeds to keep his feet inches from the ground for more than 100 feet before walking it around a right turn into a parking lot and scraping plastics on the ridge of the side walk.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the embodiment of all that is squidly. I was so glad to be sitting in my cage at this red light so I'd have the opportunity to snap these guys together on my phone. I see these (types of) guys everywhere in the city. All they're missing is the helmet strapped to the tail...
So the stupid fat *** can't even do a 'U' turn across 3 LANES!!!

How is someone like that even allowed to look at a bike , let alone RIDE ONE !!!

Old 05-19-2010, 04:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Be nice hawkwind. It is stretched and lowered after all.

He can't lean it more than a few degrees before blubber hits asphalt

Old 05-20-2010, 10:07 PM

I was finally able to peel myself out of the new truck today and take the RR to work to blow the dust off. Coming home i was following a guy on a R1 with a temp tag. Couldnt hold his line to save his life was all over the place, shorts, shoes, a wifebeater and nothing else. He kept signalling for me to pull up along side him and after following him for a few miles there was no way in hell! So we come up to a intersection making a left turn, i was behind him going into the outer turn lane and noticed alot of gravel in the intersection... so i get up next to him in the next lane over, he's revving and kind of spazzy, so he's letting the clutch out as the light turns goes shooting into the intersection and slides about 15 ft off that gravel. Gets up right away and gets the bike up(middle of intersection) hops on and takes off, so i say ok he wants to get outta there obviously and proceed to make my turn up behind him. We get to the next light and i cna see his arms and shoulders are rashed bad, he's got blood dripping off the grips from his hands and he is yelling and swearing up a storm. I looked over at him and just patted my armored jacket helmet and gloves and ask him if he needs to pull over and get a ambulance...I dont feel bad for him but am human, i get the finger and a f*** you...?

Last edited by Rs2nV; 05-20-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:30 PM

ATGATT!!!

Why would you not want to statistically have at least an 80% better chance of walking away from a get off? Not wearing the gear is like not using a seat belt!

Old 05-22-2010, 12:24 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Originally Posted by chuckbear
No gear, No idea'r?? Lol maybe that one only works here in the south with a drawl...
A pint of warm beer to the chuck man. Got it in one except for the 'r. I'll take your word for the drawl.
Shadow's on the money too.

Last night I rode home in full gear and realised I was being slow cooked. The ambient in UK has now risen above 21 degrees and even doing 80 doesn't cool you when you're dressed. Time I took the winter lining out of my over trousers and thought about some hot weather alternatives.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

Originally Posted by Rs2nV
I was finally able to peel myself out of the new truck today and take the RR to work to blow the dust off. Coming home i was following a guy on a R1 with a temp tag. Couldnt hold his line to save his life was all over the place, shorts, shoes, a wifebeater and nothing else. He kept signalling for me to pull up along side him and after following him for a few miles there was no way in hell! So we come up to a intersection making a left turn, i was behind him going into the outer turn lane and noticed alot of gravel in the intersection... so i get up next to him in the next lane over, he's revving and kind of spazzy, so he's letting the clutch out as the light turns goes shooting into the intersection and slides about 15 ft off that gravel. Gets up right away and gets the bike up(middle of intersection) hops on and takes off, so i say ok he wants to get outta there obviously and proceed to make my turn up behind him. We get to the next light and i cna see his arms and shoulders are rashed bad, he's got blood dripping off the grips from his hands and he is yelling and swearing up a storm. I looked over at him and just patted my armored jacket helmet and gloves and ask him if he needs to pull over and get a ambulance...I dont feel bad for him but am human, i get the finger and a f*** you...?
Public masochism? If I saw something like that I'd have to question my own sanity. Un.......believable!

Old 05-22-2010, 12:38 AM

Unbelievable Rs2. Gear has saved me more than once, and if I ride as long as I want to, probably (though not hopefully) more.

Quick Reply: Why more sportbikers are gearing up?