Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Why are more people wearing gear.
It's cool to have the "name" brand gear a style so to speak
13.86%
I've wrecked before
26.73%
I'm older and alot smarter
59.41%
All my gear matches my bike
20.79%
I dont wear gear
3.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Why more sportbikers are gearing up?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yup I wear my textile in Florida. Its actually pretty cool. Ok and sometimes for the really REALLY hot days the mesh jacket. both look awesome anyways

Old 05-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell of a lot better than the t-shirt and shorts I see all over in Orlando and around central FL...

Aaaah squids.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:35 AM

p.s. How bout that leather vest over the button down shirt look on the HD dude? When riding a harley just doesn't convey the "I'm trolling for dudes" message strongly enough... hehe

(Don't ban me Greg!! HD jokes are fun! )

Old 05-11-2010, 12:09 PM

I haven't so much as dropped my bike *knock on wood* Let me see if I can compile a list of reasons I finally bought a helmet: my face is narrow and I haven't found any clear glasses I like for night time so I go without which is really retarded. There are mucho bugs and sand dunes around here. The top layers of my hair get horribly tangled. Would be nice to visit Michigan and other surrounding states that are helmet law states. Can make a longer riding season for myself. Would be nice to have if I was far from home and got caught in the rain. So a lot of it has to do with comfort for me. But above all else, there are so so many vehicles on the road and the majority of them don't give a flying **** about anyone else. Other people are so irresponsible and distracted and since they don't care about me I might as well do what I can to care about myself.

My bf is a highway incident tech and there have been 2 construction workers killed recently. He tells me all the time about the blatant disregard people have for others' safety... i.e.: driving through their cones out there and whatnot. He's not too shy to bang on their hood or windows if he's close or scream at them over the loudspeaker then call the state police. He and others that work on the highway put cones up to have the idea they are working in a somewhat safe area and there are people out there with the audacity to violate their feeling of safety and put them in harm's way. Makes me sick. Someone needs to make an example out of them. If he bangs on their window, they don't look. That tells me they are either scared or they have no shame and do that sort of thing all the time.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:22 PM

I'm sitting in the office right now typing this in full leathers and boots.

My commute is only 5 miles, but I usually manage to stretch it out to 30-40. So much for saving on gas.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by meggers
He tells me all the time about the blatant disregard people have for others' safety...
That pretty much sums it up for me Meggers. It's not that I think I will lose control, I wear gear to protect me from all the jackasses out there that are either clueless to the world around them or just don't give a damn.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by meggers
Can make a longer riding season for myself. .
much longer friend.........

Old 05-11-2010, 09:25 PM

+1 on the I like my skin where its at!! My bike is red and black and I wear black white and silver gear all different brand nonetheless name brand...I figure with motorcycle gear you can't skimp on quality.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:06 PM

Nice to see alot of different opinions on here. I learned some time ago to buy black and white or silver gear incase i change bikes i dont need to shell out another few hundred bucks like riding a purple honda with a blue and white suzuki jacket. I wear all alpinestar stuff, not because of the brand or style but because my buddy works at a dealer in town, thats what they carry and he cuts me a deal. I actually prefer joe rocket jackets but do like the stuff i have.
Sad thing is i was talking to a few of my GF's family this weekend and they are all harley riders. They give me crap for wearing everything i do, they're into the harley dealer short sleeve shirts with MAYBE a vest, jeans and glasses. I told her uncle i realize they are "cruising" more than i do and they wont be really laying bikes over on pegs like you would on a sportbike...but asphalt hurts the same at 40mph whether you drop a honda, a harley, a scooter or fall out of a car.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:20 PM

Quick Reply: Why more sportbikers are gearing up?