Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

When to give up your full coverage insurance

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: When to give up your full coverage insurance

I will drop my full coverage as soon as my bike is payed for. What you do is act like your still paying for full coverage and bank that money thats not going to the insurance company in money market account at your bank and if you dont wreck your bike that everyone seems to be so worried about, you'll probably have enough saved up to through a sweet down payment or an entire payoff on a new bike.

Even if you do get in a wreck you still gotta pay the deductible and im sure for most of you, you have it at a $500 deductible. Which kinda blows cause bikes really dont cost that much money.

But keep the theft if you dont garage it though, A$$holes always seem to want to steal some bikes.

Thats just my opinion though.....insurance is like taxes, avoid it if you can at all costs.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:10 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: When to give up your full coverage insurance

ORIGINAL: rancidf4i
I will drop my full coverage as soon as my bike is payed for. What you do is act like your still paying for full coverage and bank that money thats not going to the insurance company in money market account at your bank and if you dont wreck your bike that everyone seems to be so worried about, you'll probably have enough saved up to through a sweet down payment or an entire payoff on a new bike.
I like the idea, but it seems like a crap shoot. First, you have to have the discipline to take that extra $100/$200/$500 per month and actually bank it. Myself, I can't even save two dog turds on the lawn. Second, you have to assume you will go for a good period of time without any trouble, to include your mistakes or someone else's.