Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

WHAT ABOUT THOSE T-SHIRT WEARERS??

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WHAT ABOUT THOSE T-SHIRT WEARERS??

ORIGINAL: RichB

ORIGINAL: OJ

You all know what I'm talking about. Dudes (and ladies) who wear nothing but a t shirt whilst riding road bikes. Every time I see them it gives me shivers!! They must have no idea what horrific lifelong scarring awaits them after they go sliding on the blacktop for the first time. Amazingly dumb and DUMBER!! Sad but true.((
Out of all the sperm that could have made it, the stupid one found the egg [:@]
wasn't wearing any gear so nothing slowedthis spermdown. just a white t. [8D]

Old 11-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Hey Jay...pm me after you have taken a few rides. I'd really like to know what you think of them.
will do, man! i'll prob. do a post about them. i know quite a few other members who were interested in them but couldnt come up w/ any reviews or anything on this forum. so, i'll be getting them next week, and i'll take a few rides and let everyone know how they are, and what i think of'em. i just dont wear any riding pants, and i think these are a good solution.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the original poster that it makes me shudder to see people not wearing at least pants and a jacket of some sort along with a helmet, gloves and boots.

Have I ridden without? Yes, at times. I've also ridden drunk and I've also fallen asleep while riding down a highway at speed. I just don't think its a good idea.

I won't let someone on the back of my bike without a helmet, boots and jacket. Period.

As far as pants go, I recently got armoured riding pants and I wear them much of the time. I believe jeans are okay for much of the time, too. I've fallen off several times over 30 years of riding and I find denim provides not bad protection against road rash for medium speed slides. Only armour is gonna help for impacts, though.

I don't mind the silly folks that ride bikes in shorts, sandals andt-shirts too much. But it bugs the hell out of me when I see them with a kid or woman on the back without adequate protection.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:57 AM

+1 on the passenger w/o adequate protection.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:07 AM

Believe it or not my friend almost died because he didn't wear a jacket. The one time he didn't he was hit and went down. While he was at the hospital healing up his road rash lead to a sepsis infection. I heard something like 60% of people who get that infection die from it.

Well anyways he went into a coma for 22 days, and lost like 30 lbs. Kind of surprising though he broke his collarbone, his hand in several places, and suffered 3 fractures to his pelvis...and his road rash ended up almost being the cause of his death. So think again before u say "road rash heals and chicks dig scars."

Old 11-15-2007, 11:30 AM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

hey if motorcycle cops feel safe riding in polo cotton t shirts then so do i
i always wondered about that...if MC cops prefer not to gear up.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Retired Moderator

^^Don't use them as role models, they need flexibility for quick movements that you and I don't necessarily need (some use gear specially designed for flexibility as well as protection).

Old 11-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Banned

The cops around here wear short sleeved shirts (gloves, helmet, boots..) when they ride. Most cruiser riders wear sunglasses and wifebeaters.

Jackets are smart, but riding smart is the best defence. I'd ride naked before I rode like alot of punks I see that re all geared-up. Don't let a little leather think it will save you in a crash, yes a jacket is smart, but it is in no way better than good safe driving.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

ORIGINAL: suicidal

i mean, how much more are my jeans gonna help? Not much.

+1. i ride with out a jacket every now and than, i did today, a grand total of 6 blocks. and about the pants thing, im looking into getting these. maybe this will make my jeans a lil safer haha

I have those, i wish i could make them tighter my skinny chicken legs barely fit them.

Old 11-15-2007, 02:02 PM

asd f

Quick Reply: WHAT ABOUT THOSE T-SHIRT WEARERS??