Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Well it looks like I may be doing a cross country roadtrip

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Well it looks like I may be doing a cross country roadtrip

And it's gonna be freakin awesome!!!! Seriously though..... been giving this alot of thought lately and I think I'm gonna do it. It won't be until April of next year, but that gives me lots of time to thouroughly plan it out and make it a kick *** trip.

Anyways.... next year is my aunt and uncles 40th wedding anniversary, so they're throwing a lil party and the whole family is going. They live in Tucson, Arizona. Since I've been wanting to get out west on my bike for some time now, I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to do it. I'll head out there and go to the party, then continue on the rest of my journey from there. I want to hit up alot of places.... Grand Canyon, Pacific Coast Hwy in Cali, Vegas, Hoover Dam, Monument Valley Utah (where Forrest Gump decided to stop runn-in), Pikes Peak and all over Colorado, etc... just to name a few. It'll be one of my biggest roadtrips yet!

That's the tentative plan at least..... I've got a lil over a year so I'm gonna plan everything out ahead of time. It'll probably be about 3 weeks long or so. I joined up on some local regional forums for out that way, hoping to meet up with some locals that might be able to show me around the area a lil bit. Also want to try and meet up wiith some of you guys along the way, plus I'll need to borrow a couch for a night here and there too

I'll keep y'all updated as the plans progress. And anybody that wants to meet up... speak up! I'll be travelling mostly along the southern part of the US (LA, AR, MS, TX, NM, OK, etc)

Old 03-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've been thinking about doing the same thing
just need $ and time

good luck man it sounds like a blast
if i was out west i'd say you could crash with me for a night

Old 03-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did this a few years ago. I was on my own with a cracker barrel map (did it on a budget). Loved every second of it. Went from Oregon to DC via CA, NV,AZ,NM,TX,LA,MS,AL, GA, SC, NC, and VA. I plan on doing it again but in the reverse order!! I highly recommend a cross country rowad trip!!

Old 03-04-2009, 09:31 AM

What's the general cost of a x-country road trip? Maybe factoring a hotel stay most of the nights. You guys did it/going to do it on sport bikes? I want to do this real bad. I only get a week vacation at a time though. I put about 15k miles a year on my bike and it's almost all without leaving my state. I'd LOVE to just go and not stop 'til my vacation was up....

Old 03-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I wanna come toooo Stupid work I know I couldnt' take off this much time. STOP by Houston I will buy you dinner.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:03 PM

I have been thinking of doing the same thing but start out here east in Pa. I have been trying to figure out ways to cut costs so I am bringing the smallest tent you can buy.. I will sleep outside if its nice. I think the cost of the hotels are what was keeping me back but I believe If I just have a tent Than I will be able to find a couple nice places to crash out.

wanna come toooo Stupid work I know I couldnt' take off this much time. STOP by Houston I will buy you dinner.
Thats funny you said that because thats the point I have planned on being the half way point of my trip b4 I head home. My dad is from Texas and Me and the rest of my family are originally from Lake charles Louisiana. I dont like the weather here in PA too much, so I would love to make it back out there.