Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Cross Country Tour

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cross Country Tour

What's up everyone! I'm new to the forum, just wanted to say hello.
I don't currently own a honda but I've joined this forum cause I love all types of bikes.
Anyways, I just recently got back from a 2month cross country tour on my sportsbike.
I thought you folks might be interested in reading up on it.
Here's my blog
http://juscelinohong.blogs.friendster.com/my_blog/
Enjoy

Old 10-31-2006, 07:20 PM
Default RE: Cross Country Tour

Cool blog. That's something that I wanna do. You should nuke the Miami-Dade police department.

Old 10-31-2006, 07:44 PM

Nice blog...Miami situation def sucked. I get mad just hearing about it.

The luggage set you use looks great too.

Old 10-31-2006, 09:14 PM

Very interesting. I actually did a similar trip. I left from Detroit Michigan, rode to Seattle WA, down to LA California, to Las Vegas, and back to Detroit MI - 8,000 miles and 32 days.. I did this on a relative's Harley Dyna Lowrider, not my F4i though!! Amazing trip, and a million priceless memories that will last a lifetime. It's one of those stories to tell your kids and grandkids. Definitly a once in a lifetime trip. I plan on going on an east side trip next. Being straight out of college, this was basically the only opportunity I'd get to take a month and a half vacation!! I'd like to see some pictures if you have some.

Here's a few from my trip..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/aktionman/

~Paul

Old 10-31-2006, 10:35 PM

Very inspireing story. Sorry about the trouble in Miami [:@], I would love to see what the newspaper has to say. Thank you for sharing.

MDFF

Old 11-01-2006, 01:10 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome dude!! Just finished reading through your entire blog... awsome trip it looks like! Mad props for being that hardcore! I soooo want to do a trip like that, but just can't fit it in the plans at the present time. Someday I definitely will though, no doubt!

My longest trip on the bike was back in May... 18 days and 5,126.3 miles, from south Florida to Deals Gap, then VA beach, through VA, WV, OH, and IN into IL up to Chicago, then made my way back down to SoFla. Had a great time but still craving a cross country trip!

Really enjoyed... thanks for sharing!

Old 11-01-2006, 02:50 AM

Wow, great write up on the entire trip. Sounds like a lot of fun, minus the boners in Miami. Definately go to the Fed's on that one, I'm sure they hose people all the time - I'm also sure they really prey on out of town people too, like yourself.
I've never seen a sportbike with so much piled on top of it. I'd like to do that too, but don't think my ***/back would agree with that.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:25 PM

ORIGINAL: mdfirefighter

Very inspireing story. Sorry about the trouble in Miami [:@], I would love to see what the newspaper has to say. Thank you for sharing.

MDFF
I've contacted the Miami Herald by phone and by email, but they didn't seem too interested in my story due to the fact that there's a lot more corruption and crazier **** happening out there everyday.

So far I sent out emails to the FBI, IA, and different motorcycle magazines, but I have still not heard anything from them yet either.

Any help will be appreciated.

Old 11-04-2006, 01:18 AM

Overall sounded like a pretty cool trip......minus the Crap in Miami.....(I am not going there! lol) think it would be cool to ride out to Key West tho! Now to just get luggage for the bike and a GPS.... =o)

Take care!

p.s. you know your in a Honda CBR forum.......right?!

Old 11-04-2006, 04:55 AM

WOW...Great ride man, even greater write up. Well minus the flak from officer cool guy. alota cops die like that. I woulda definately went lookin' for him, **** the complaint. But good luck anyway

Quick Reply: Cross Country Tour