Cross country??

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cross country??

Hey guys! I am looking at getting a 2007 CBR600rr next spring and really want to pull off a cross country trip from the midwest to cali and back. I have a cbr600f4 right now with a stock seat and managed an 8 hour trip with only stopping for gas and was not sore. I know the rr is a whole different machine. I would get a throttle tie, corbin seat, and maybe a tank bag to rest on. Im 20 and in good shape. So I ask you, is this possible to do comfortably??

Old 09-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Default RE: Cross country??

It's possible to do, especially for a young-un like yourself. I'm not so sure about the "comfortably" part.
My sister-in-law and her husband (on a Harley) and my nephew (on a Harley) recently did a big trip with one of my nephew's friends (on an '07 600RR) along for the ride. He is your age, also in good shape. They went from northern Washington down HWY 1 through northern CA, into Nevada, Idaho, and back westbound to Bellingham (for the ferry back to their starting point in Alaska).
By the time they got to us in Northern California, they figured out that hewouldn't last as long as they usually didon their Harley's. They wound up taking breaks aboutevery 100-150 miles and riding about half the daily distance they normally would with just cruisers in the group.
The 600RR rider's cheif concern whilevisiting here, aside from sore forearms,was where he could find a taller windscreen.

Old 09-30-2007, 12:25 AM

i hope you can devote a massive amount of time to your journey... cuz it's a LOOOOOOOOONG fuggin way from the midwest to cali. i've done it once this year for the USGP, and i was considering taking my bike there and back, however it was even too much for me in the truck towing it. the whole thing gave me a clot in my right leg.

Old 09-30-2007, 02:00 PM

600rr prolly be a wrong choice for sport touring but just do it man...sounds like a blast...

Old 10-01-2007, 01:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Bell407

It's possible to do, especially for a young-un like yourself. I'm not so sure about the "comfortably" part.
My sister-in-law and her husband (on a Harley) and my nephew (on a Harley) recently did a big trip with one of my nephew's friends (on an '07 600RR) along for the ride. He is your age, also in good shape. They went from northern Washington down HWY 1 through northern CA, into Nevada, Idaho, and back westbound to Bellingham (for the ferry back to their starting point in Alaska).
By the time they got to us in Northern California, they figured out that hewouldn't last as long as they usually didon their Harley's. They wound up taking breaks aboutevery 100-150 miles and riding about half the daily distance they normally would with just cruisers in the group.
The 600RR rider's cheif concern whilevisiting here, aside from sore forearms,was where he could find a taller windscreen.
Cross country....*** that!!! Spend the money on a trip to Mexico....if the pool chairs start hurtung your *** you can always roll over and look at a whole different set of bikinis.

Besides that, Bell407.....your bike is PIMP!! Like that color alot

Old 10-01-2007, 03:38 PM

Hey F3racer. I like your set up. Where did you get the bags? Do you have an aftermarket seat as well? Thanks for the advice.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:16 PM

F3Racer-How tall are you? I'm 5'8" and that tank pad looks like it would be too big for me. Meaning I couldn't get my stubby *** arms around it. I just took my 07RR on a 700 mile trip and would have loved a tank pad.

Quick Reply: Cross country??