Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Twice IN One Week WTF

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Twice IN One Week WTF

u know what imma have to agree wit madgreek. sorry hardcorp but first mistake was confusin the hell outta all the civilian/non military personell and using terms that takes time to understand even as a military personell. second mistake is there is one big difference between soldiers and marines, i dont let my career in the army control my home life. when i get home dont call me the name that u see on my uniform, call me my first name. the people i come home to know the guy before the uniform. yeah i am a soldier 24/7 but when that uniform comes off i leave all the worries that were at work(yea the service is a job as well, u didnt sign up not to earn a living) at work! yeah u were right for steppin in on the gas station brawl, ur buddy wasnt. as uniformed personell were are looked at as doin what most people wont and cant do, he needs to continue settin that example even on the home front. i would have done the same, due to the fact it wasnt a fair brawl (hittin someone threw the car door come on now!). now as far as the off post brawl of 2 marines, there ur buddies and im sure before the sh*t talkin they were buddies. u know sometimes u gotta handle sh*t different ways, even if a good old fashion *** kickin was the solution. being in the service doesnt exclude myself or urself from bein human, its just nature sometimes sh*t gets outta hand and a few fist are thrown! there is no need to bring legal action into a simple *** kickin, sure things could have turn drastic but be there to "supervise" (nco=superviser! <-- who woulda thought of that). showin the non military personell that grace this site the different articles will just confuse them more (not tryin to offend anyone), i dont expect 2 understand another persons job when that start talkin about their "mechanical engineering" job. step back and look at the situations at hand as a human being, sorry but it seems as if marines have a mind set that they are no longer human beings!

Old 08-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: pimpncbr954s

u know what imma have to agree wit madgreek. sorry hardcorp but first mistake was confusin the hell outta all the civilian/non military personell and using terms that takes time to understand even as a military personell. second mistake is there is one big difference between soldiers and marines, i dont let my career in the army control my home life. when i get home dont call me the name that u see on my uniform, call me my first name. the people i come home to know the guy before the uniform. yeah i am a soldier 24/7 but when that uniform comes off i leave all the worries that were at work(yea the service is a job as well, u didnt sign up not to earn a living) at work! yeah u were right for steppin in on the gas station brawl, ur buddy wasnt. as uniformed personell were are looked at as doin what most people wont and cant do, he needs to continue settin that example even on the home front. i would have done the same, due to the fact it wasnt a fair brawl (hittin someone threw the car door come on now!). now as far as the off post brawl of 2 marines, there ur buddies and im sure before the sh*t talkin they were buddies. u know sometimes u gotta handle sh*t different ways, even if a good old fashion *** kickin was the solution. being in the service doesnt exclude myself or urself from bein human, its just nature sometimes sh*t gets outta hand and a few fist are thrown! there is no need to bring legal action into a simple *** kickin, sure things could have turn drastic but be there to "supervise" (nco=superviser! <-- who woulda thought of that). showin the non military personell that grace this site the different articles will just confuse them more (not tryin to offend anyone), i dont expect 2 understand another persons job when that start talkin about their "mechanical engineering" job. step back and look at the situations at hand as a human being, sorry but it seems as if marines have a mind set that they are no longer human beings!

Must admit that your grammar at times was quite hard for me to follow, but I'm sure that my writing style is difficult for some and impossible for others. As far as being a human being. I am as human as you and consider my down time and very precious thing to be cherished. And love spending it with my family and never let the thought that it maybe the last day. I get to spend like that with them , go far from my mind and in my down time, I don't wear a uniform 24/7 hell, other than the haircut. You would not know I was a Marine, other than the meat tag tattoo on my rib cage most individuals off post referred to me as Tim. I tell them right up front, real quick drop the rest of that sh*t
[size=2][b]But my wife and myself both come from long line of career military families. She comes from a long line of career Army service. Myself I am a fourth generation Marine and I realize that there are those out there within the armed forces like yourself that consider it nothing more than a job to be done and put their heart and soul into their work at times, but I truly consider it a career and a honor to do what I do. I amone of the youngest highest grade NCO within my particular field, and didn't get there by just doing a job. I do care about, what is going on around me at all times, and have work my *** off to achieve the balance necessary to maintain a personal life and a professional one but the lines blur's and you have a tendency to mix them both at times. I associate with my peers off duty as well as those I have taken under my wing to mentor that were not assigned to me. Just because I damn well care about them and their personal lives. And I have no ideal about the Army But as far as those whom I have operated with in all branches, those days of cowboying up and going to knuckle junction over some branch rivalry over who is the best or whose uniform looks the greatest has long since passed except in pl

Old 08-22-2007, 02:33 AM

Some jobs that people sign up for are just jobs, other jobs are jobs that are a part ofyou and definesyou.

Whomever you are you should uphold your ideals and the ideals you signed up for whether on duty or off.

Such as Law enforcement, Doctors, Lawyers, Politicans, ARMEDservice personels, and many more especially such as cia, dea, fbi, etc.

I think if people can't handle those types of job like an on call IT administer 24/7 they should move onto new fields.

If you work for the LAW you should upheld the law 24/7-365. YouARE the "perfect" example!

That's my belief.