Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Twice IN One Week WTF

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 03:03 AM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twice IN One Week WTF

[size=4]
once again anonymity will work to my advantage here. The first incident in which I'm referring to occurred. The other night myself and a Air Force NCO were riding home and stopped at a local station and pulled up to the fuel island on the side closest to myself across the parking lot. I could see 3 young guys outside of a little fast and furious import car. The one guy was about 5 10 and weighed about 170 # was punching this guy in the face. Now the other guy was about the same size, height Wise as the guy giving out the abuse, but much heavier. The young man being punched in the face was standing with his chin stuck out, and his hands behind his back. Refusing to strike the other guy. The third guy was sitting on the hood of the car. I stepped around the pump and ask the other NCO if he was seeing this Sh*t, he shook his head in disgust. I Said " I'm going over there to break it up right now. He said "I would not get involved if I was you", but did say he was going inside to see if anybody else was going to do anything. I walked over to the young men and told the one that was dishing out the abuse. " If you strike him again you will find your self resting on your A$$. Are we clear on that" . He turned to face me and replied . " Are you Po Po or something are you on crack" My Reply Was "No ! I just can't F@CKING stand A Damn Bully!". The local authorities showed up a about that time, and about an hour later I was on my way. After making a statement as to what had occurred.
[b][size=2]Now at the facility in which I am currently TDY , Marines are most definitely the minority. The group in which I ride with our as diversified as you can get except for the style of bike that we all prefer to ride there are 2 Yamaha's , 2 Suzuki's, 1 Kawasaki and my old reliable CBR as far as the riders go there are 3 of us that are Marines, 2 are in the Air Force and 1 is an Army Ranger. Now the 3 of us Marines that is, know each other quite well and have been billeted together before but we did not came down together. Just all ended up here about the same time. Now to the heart of the matter. The youngest NCO, which is also the lowest grade NCO, which we will call Matt, had a brand-new 2007 GIXXERS 1000, which was stolen in North Carolina after only owning it in about 2 1/2 months and it is a very long story. But apparently the insurance company is not going to pay off on this claim. So he is still making the payments on a bike that he no longer has, to the tune of about 10 grand. However He has purchased a replacement bike for $4000 cash out of his own pocket, it is 2002 Gsxr 750 polished frame, custom paint from a Gunny, who was headed back to the sandbox and wanted to sell it. Now Matt has took quite a bit of ribbing from all of us about the stolen bike, but he has under his direct command a CPL. who we will call Brian who had been a SGT, but busted back down to CPL , (A REALLY LONG STORY ) who has made light and poke fun at Matt about the bike being stolen. Of course this has been off duty and away from the post, but today, a comment was made in a squad bay about the bike by Brian to Matt. Matt responded with, he had heard about enough Sh*t about the damn bike. It was a sore subject and one more word about it and he was going to do more than just pit somebody AS$. Brian said to Matt if you want a piece of my AS$ as quick as we can clear the gate you can have some. This was brought to my attention almost immediately by someone else. Now, neither one of them fall under my direct command as a matter of fact, their senior NCO had already jumped on his R1 and left for the day. But I made my way to parking area as quickly as I could. I passed them on my way. They were headed for a side gate, and I geared up as quickly as I could and headed out. Sure enough, not far off post right in a damn public parking lot. There they were literally budding heads and screaming at each other. As I pulled u

Old 08-21-2007, 03:19 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: Twice IN One Week WTF

1st story i think you did the right thing (even if it did put yourself in harms way) "all that is necessary for evil to triumph is for a good man (or a good woman) to do nothing" ..

2nd story wasnt really your business to stop it if they did want to fight it out but you probably did the right thing even if they dont see it that way.. whats the charge for fighting ?

true you went out of your way to stop bad things from happening but sometimes we must risk our own well being to protect the beliefs we hold to be true.

semper fi

Old 08-21-2007, 03:51 AM

Every situation is different, but I like to be the one to help people out. In the first fight, if I saw a guy taking hits and not trying to defend himself, I would let him have it. He need to learn to be a man. However, if the guy was defending himself but couldnt, I would have broken the fight up. As with friends fighting, I NEVER get between them. They can solve it theirselves. It will only create more problems for you later if you get involved.

Old 08-21-2007, 04:36 AM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

1st story i think you did the right thing (even if it did put yourself in harms way) "all that is necessary for evil to triumph is for a good man (or a good woman) to do nothing" ..

2nd story wasnt really your business to stop it if they did want to fight it out but you probably did the right thing even if they dont see it that way.. whats the charge for fighting ?

true you went out of your way to stop bad things from happening but sometimes we must risk our own well being to protect the beliefs we hold to be true.

semper fi
Well the most serious charge, they both faces IS article 128 as well as some 134 subsections. And hell they could throw in 108 and 109. But article 114 may take precedence over all other charges as this technically falls under the category of dueling even though no man-made weapon would have been used. It is possible but not probable.. Hell, the whole thing maybe would have been busted down to 80 But Brian would have been charged with an article 91. And again the whole thing could have ended up as an article 15. Not as serious as anything listed above and would have taken one hell of a sea lawyer. The key to this whole story is the fact that they were still in uniform at the time and are currently on active duty Now one last thing about that Semper Fi hope that signifies that you have served our or willing to serve in the beloved United States Marine Corps. Or have a family member that has our is That Semper Fi is something we take very seriously. Well got to go play with the big boys now. And here is a breakdown of the penalties for article 128. Took me a minute to load the PDF file

Simple assault

(A) Generally. Confinement for 3 months and forfeiture of two-thirds pay per month for 3 months.
(B) When committed with an unloaded firearm. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 3 years.
(2) Assault consummated by a battery. Bad conduct discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 6 months.
(3) Assault upon a commissioned officer of the armed forces of the United States or of a friendly foreign power, not in the execution of office. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 3 years.
(4) Assault upon a warrant officer, not in the execution of office. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 18 months.
(5) Assault upon a noncommissioned or petty officer, not in the execution of office. Bad-conduct discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 6 months.
(6) Assault upon a sentinel or lookout in the execution of duty, or upon any person who, in the execution of office, is performing security police, military police, shore patrol, master at arms, or other military or civilian law enforcement duties. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 3 years.
(7) Assault consummated by a battery upon a child under 16 years. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 2 years.
(8) Assault with a dangerous weapon or other means of force to produce death or grievous bodily harm.

(a) When committed with a loaded firearm. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 8 years.
(b) Other cases. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 3 years.
(9) Assault in which grievous bodily harm is intentionally inflicted.

(a) When the injury is inflicted with a loaded firearm. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 10 years.
(b) Other cases. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinem

Old 08-21-2007, 06:23 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

yes i have family serving in the marines (brother in law) . also my father is ex army , my grand father was a navy seal .. i also have a few friends who have finished 2 tours over seas with the marines , also have other friends serving in other branches of the armed forces !

id never be so presumptious to say that i understand exactly what semper fi means to you and your brothers/sisters (having never served myself).. but i would be willing to fight if called upon . i support the troops and what THEY stand for . i am trying to become a police officer here @ home . id like to try and make a difference here ... so maybe things would be different when my friends/family came homethey didnt have to worry so much .

Old 08-21-2007, 06:34 AM

Hardcorp.....been there done that. I am a retired Chief and have had many fights crop up, especiallyon deployment.

You did the right thing, you know that. You don't need our opinion. It's in your gut, your make-up, the very reason why your a leader.

I feel that all good NCO's set the example 24 hours a day, even when it is the tough thing to do.

"Integrity - doing the right thing even when know one is watching!"

My oldest is a junior at University of Kansas, enrolled in Marine ROTC...hoping to be a fighter jock. I hope he shows the same leadership traits.

Old 08-21-2007, 06:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone is different in their reaction to these types of situations. True you could be seen as putting yourself at risk (& you probably where), & god knows you hear enough stories about wot can happen to people that intervene.And I've heard a lot about wot happens to those on the receving end, while everyone stands around & looks (or worse, turn their backs) I think in modern urban society we have become insular, to affraid to get involved in a lot more things aside from wot you witnessed. If you see someone in trouble you help them right? If you think a couple of people you know are behaving like *****, you tell them so?? When visiting my girlfriend (now my wife) as a friend & I where getting out of his car, we saw this couple walking passed arguing & this young guy slaps his (I assume) girlfriend really hard across the face (she actually reeled under that hit). While I just stood there gob smacked, my friend (a softly spoken, no wukkin furries type of guy) went totally ape****, grabbed & head butted the guy in the face & was just about to throw him under a passing truck, when this guys girlfriend intervened.
I think your the same type of person as my friend, & act on your instinct. To me, wot you did on both counts was the right thing to do.( I doubt whether I would have had the nads to do wot you did in the 1st instance)
Just be carefull ok

Old 08-21-2007, 07:28 AM

Is it just me, or does HARDCORP seem like the kind of guy who's serious all the time, like even when having sex? I have this feeling that he just gets a disgusted look on his face when he ****, then goes and does some pushups. Honestly, I'mhappy to have this kind of guy defending my country. I his line of work I guess there's no room for nonsense. You're a special kind of maniac, HARDCORP! Just don't go ape **** and start killing innocent civiliansone day. Just kill stuff in the direction you're pointed, and right now that direction is east (middle east to be exact)!!!

Old 08-21-2007, 07:45 AM

First fight I'd have to agree with Demonchild...help only when one is being totaled.
Second fight, let'm wear out a bit first.

I think your stepping in is awesome though. I always believe that if you CAN, do it.

If I stepped in I'd have to kick some butts cause who'd listen to someone 5'2" .

In combat training up in C. Pendleton the instructorsdrew two circles. Threw in 10 of the biggest, tallestmarines in one circle and in the other circle threw in 10 of the shortest, skinniest marines.
Needless to say they all ignored medown to just two of us. I won.

My only regret is that I didn't pull a lifer with the Corp.

I think you handled both situations perfectly.

1st fight , other guy won't fight because he probably don't know how.
2nd fight, it's best to break it up before they started fighting because atleast there won't be any "real" hard feelings between them.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:09 AM

dude... sorry to tell you this, dont take any offence to it, but i think your wife is wrong. What if, in that first fight, you didnt get involved, and someone pulls out a knife, or somehow kills the otherone? Then would you have wished you stepped in and broke it up? I wish more people had the ***** to willingly put themselves in the middle of a fight, at their own risk, to stop it. but hell, thats why your in the marines isnt it?

the second fight, same thing, but you knew the guys, you have a level of care in what happens. If you brushed if off and let it continue, your "friend" could have gotten badly injured, or killed if something bad goes wrong. Just stepping in perhaps saved both of their lives, but definatly saved both of them from a world of **** from their commanding officers and the police. You did a good deed stepping into this one, let them blow off some steam before you try to work it out with them again, they might just realize that it is a pretty dumb fight, although the pressure for matt just had to be building, he just snapped. its ok for people to snap, they just need people like you around to make sure nothing really bad happens.

good job man, wish i could be more like you.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Quick Reply: Twice IN One Week WTF