Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Thinking of benching Ororo... temporarily

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ugh - that reminds me, i'm going to need new tires / braks on my Tahoe soon

Afraid to see what the damn tires are going to run me.
I should hurry up and buy my full exhaust / PC before I have to do the tahoe stuff

Old 07-12-2011, 08:32 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Interesting read all the way around.

I hate working on break related anything but sounds like after this summer maybe I should give it a flush.
i know i never posted it here, but a few weeks ago I had a customers bike front brakes lock up on me going down the road, I was a sitting duck in the middle of a one lane 45 mph road....

Old 07-12-2011, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Interesting read all the way around.

I hate working on break related anything but sounds like after this summer maybe I should give it a flush.
Bleeding brakes doesn't have to be a chore at all. If you don't have one, go to Checker/PepBoys/Harbor Freight/etc. and get one of the hand operated brake bleeding pumps/kits. It makes bleeding brakes a 15 min job on a car so a bike should be what 5?

Amazon.com: Mityvac MV8000 Automotive Tune Up and Brake Bleeding Kit: Automotive

They are a little hand vac pump, a catch can for the fluid, and some rubber hose and adapters. Take the cap off the brake reservoir (so the fluid can flow easy), stick the rubber hose on the bleeder and crack it open, and pump pump pump till it starts to flow on its own. Occasionally you will need to pump again to keep it flowing but it's really easy. Then when you have pulled enough fluid through, close the bleeder and move to the next.

Not to mention I find other uses for the vac pump such as testing vac ports.

Chris

Old 07-12-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by segraves1
Bleeding brakes doesn't have to be a chore at all. If you don't have one, go to Checker/PepBoys/Harbor Freight/etc. and get one of the hand operated brake bleeding pumps/kits. It makes bleeding brakes a 15 min job on a car so a bike should be what 5?

Amazon.com: Mityvac MV8000 Automotive Tune Up and Brake Bleeding Kit: Automotive

They are a little hand vac pump, a catch can for the fluid, and some rubber hose and adapters. Take the cap off the brake reservoir (so the fluid can flow easy), stick the rubber hose on the bleeder and crack it open, and pump pump pump till it starts to flow on its own. Occasionally you will need to pump again to keep it flowing but it's really easy. Then when you have pulled enough fluid through, close the bleeder and move to the next.

Chris
Hmmm nice good link. Thanks Chris

Old 07-12-2011, 11:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by segraves1

Chris
I had one just like this and while it was good i lost attention for one second and sucked brake fluid into the pump handle.

It was ruined. Since then i went and bought a one man kit from autozone for 5 bucks. Same thing you just pump the brake by hand to push the fluid out. Did my wifes car in about 30 mins cause the bottle is kinda small for a car but for a bike its perfect.