Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ororo: Serious Dilemna

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ororo: Serious Dilemna

Y'all, I don't know what to do. Since getting Yolie, I've barely put any miles on Ororo. When I do ride her, she feels almost alien. There's nothing wrong with her. But Yolie is just... more? I'm not gonna dare to say I mastered the F4i. It just feels like I hit a limit on what I was learning. But the BMW basically sent me back to Square 1. And I'm picking up little nuances I hadn't felt with Ororo.

So here's the dilemma: what should I do with Ororo? There is nothing wrong with her. She's an excellent bike. But she definitely deserves more than sitting under a cover waiting for something to happen to the BMW to get on the road. I don't need money and can easily afford both bikes. It just feels like I'm doing a marvelous machine a disservice.

So what should I do?

Old 06-08-2012, 09:47 PM
October 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Consider turning it into a track bike?

Old 06-08-2012, 09:48 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up

Sell her & pay down the BMW....one you gone 1k....hard to go back down. No disrespect to the 600 class...but that's just natural feeling.

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Y'all, I don't know what to do. Since getting Yolie, I've barely put any miles on Ororo. When I do ride her, she feels almost alien. There's nothing wrong with her. But Yolie is just... more? I'm not gonna dare to say I mastered the F4i. It just feels like I hit a limit on what I was learning. But the BMW basically sent me back to Square 1. And I'm picking up little nuances I hadn't felt with Ororo.

So here's the dilemma: what should I do with Ororo? There is nothing wrong with her. She's an excellent bike. But she definitely deserves more than sitting under a cover waiting for something to happen to the BMW to get on the road. I don't need money and can easily afford both bikes. It just feels like I'm doing a marvelous machine a disservice.

So what should I do?

Old 06-08-2012, 09:49 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

sell 'er man.... it's okay to do so. i mean, if you don't ride her and you don't want to - sell that bike. it's more parts or more track days or more gear.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Get a girlfriend and teach her how to enjoy riding....

Old 06-09-2012, 05:20 AM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since you can afford it, I'd say do the classic "do I need this?" test.
Keep her for a year. At that time, if you still aren't spending any quality time with her,
that's your sign. It's time to pass the flame on to someone who will appreciate her.
That way, you won't feel like you rushed into a decision that you'll be second guessing
the moment she's gone.

Otherwise, she'll just be taking up resources and garage space. Which is a really sad
thing to do to her after all her loyal service to you.

Practically speaking, if the bikes in your stable don't serve distinctly different functions,
you're just starting a museum collection. By that I mean sport vs touring,
track vs street, dirt vs street, etc. You'll always tend to gravitate to the one that fulfills
the particular role best, ignoring the other(s).

Demon's point about a keeping her as a loaner has some merit, as well.
However, the test still applies, if no one is throwing a leg across her saddle
in the next year, she's still a wasted use of resources.

Ern

Last edited by MadHattr059; 06-09-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:15 AM

I know how you feel man. I got my F3 last june. Last year, I put 345 miles on my Mustang. 345 miles from June until March (we had a great winter, only stored her for 2 months).

This past March I was seriously considering selling her. But couldn't until May. Why? I couldn't bring myself to do it. I went through so much with that car. I even brought my daughter home from the hospital with it. I felt guilty selling her, like she was replaced.

But she WAS. I had the car for 6 years, it was time to move on. I sold her for $5600. With that, I paid off the bike and my other car, along with pretty much all the other debt I had.

Me and my family are much better off without it as it stands, although every time I hear a v8 I can't help but miss her. But I've even seen it twice now, and its probably getting much more use now, and someones enjoying it just like I did all those years ago.

There is NOTHING like that first summer you get a car/bike you've really wanted.

Old 06-09-2012, 12:54 PM

Take that F4i to the track. You'll realize after one lap you are no where near your limit of learning from it.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Take that F4i to the track. You'll realize after one lap you are no where near your limit of learning from it.
I didn't say I was. Actually said quite the opposite

But seriously, motor up to Philly one weekend and I'll let you take Yolie out for a ride... so long as you promise not to drop her

Ororo's no slouch in any category. But Yolie is just... more.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sell her to me so I can turn her into a track bike.

Quick Reply: Ororo: Serious Dilemna