Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The 900 RR is DEAD!!=( (Temporarily)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 02:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 900 RR is DEAD!!=( (Temporarily)

Ok, so today we attacked the mountian again, drug my foot again, same spot, LOL but I only had the bike out b/c we had all already agreed to go riding so while we are riding my chain really starts to slip, LJ and Fred check the sprocket, i have 1 full tooth left. so bummer i decide as soon as we get home im parking it till i get a sprocket and new chain, so we all ride, had a great ride, lots of fun, meet some new riding buds that are all kick ***, so on the way home i go to take this slight right as im dropping into the turn the bike practically falls over to the right to the point where im hanging off the left side of the bike in a right hand turn going WTF??? so i signal major trouble to Lesley thinking i have a flat or something so i ease over to the shoulder of the road, get off and take a look at front/back tires, chain,sprocket, etc...dont see anything wrong there so i just htink its the road and i walk around to the front of my bike and it looks like the right side is sitting lower than the left...so i look closer and think maybe im seeing things, go to get back on, put the key in, and go to hit the start button and notice some fluid up by the gagues, and you guessed it, blown right fork seal, so i limp it home the last 2 miles and me and the wife have a talk when we get home, she says just fix the stuff thats wrong, sprocket,chain,fork seal, rear brakes and sell it, put a down payment on an 07 600 RR, youll be alot happier, i was like yessssssssss but then i thought do i really want to get rid of the 9rr? what do you guys think? sorry the post is so long

Old 04-22-2007, 02:57 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: The 900 RR is DEAD!!=( (Temporarily)

wow bro good thing you didnt dump it ! ive been in your position where "is it really worth it to keep it? " it depends how much you love your bike but a new bike would be nice too ive thought abought selling the 9RR for a 03-06 RR but right now im lovin the 900. either way you go you will be happy and have a kick *** bike ! 900RR PRIDE !

Old 04-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Banned

Get the new bike. Old is old. Worn out is worse. Good to hear to didn't crash that thing.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:14 AM

bring a $100 to your local dealer and put it down on a '06 leftover 1000 before there gone...
at the dealer i work for were selling them cheaper then the '07 600's...

Old 04-22-2007, 11:44 AM

LOL - well it's kind of obvious what I think. I think the old girl had a good run and she's been a great bike but it's time to move on. I just think that when you stop going outside in the morning, see the bike and saying wow - *either* "I have the coolest bike in the world" or "My bike has so much potential, I can't wait to work on it some more."then it's time to get a new one.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:35 PM

You have a point about losing interest, but I realy believe once the thrill is gone about the bike being new it's still a bike. A bike with no customization, no personel touch. So, now you have a payment, insur., and your spending what would probably average out to $200 a week in extra parts to make your bike. When you could take all that money your going to spend and really trick out the engine in the one you have. But it's up to you.

Old 04-22-2007, 12:45 PM

you're real lucky you didnt crash and .... YES you do want a 07 600RR

Old 04-22-2007, 12:54 PM

Those 06 rr's are nice! The 07's are sweet! But worth the extra? I'm not sure... Let me know if you get rid of the 900 though, I might be intrested.... also if you want, I have an 06 600 rr in my garage with 2500 miles on it, the owner is in Iraq and thinking bout trading in for an 07. I can talk to him for ya if you want! Glad that fork seal didn't go when we were on the hill though! Man that woulda been a bad day huh? Befor you make a desision on the new bike or not though, relize that it's gonna set you back about 3-4 hundred a month with notes and full coverage! Thats alot of dough to drop into the sweet 900!

Old 04-22-2007, 04:29 PM

Ouch. Good catch. Glad you didn't lay it out. You won't be as happy with a 600 though, just my opinion. BUt if you do sell the 900RR, let me know, I need some parts so would take it as is. Lemme know.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:51 PM

that sucks, Glad that nothing real bad happend to you, hope you are back and ridding in no time, SOrry i coudent make it today its just that yesterday was my B-day and so I had a really heavy night and didnt go to sleep till like 7 this morning, but i'll be up there with ya'll next time ya'll go.....so does this means that Lesley has shotgun and you are the driver...j/k...was joe able to come out and play with ya'll since what happend last time?

Quick Reply: The 900 RR is DEAD!!=( (Temporarily)