Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

SuperSport bikes: Comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm average height and 180 and I think my '94 is very comfortable. Had that bike since '95 too.

If you are in a lot of stop and go traffic, you will notice more weight on your hands/wrists. if you are on the highway, you will feel lighter because the air will pick you up a bit. 65mph wind will give you some lift.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I will admit though, the older in model year you go, the more comfortable it gets. My F3 vs a 600rr - it didn't feel like it was even the same category. The risers on the f3 - they actually rose!

And, then there is the seat. Seat vs. seat, all older bikes win OEM vs. OEM.

If we're going into ergos, the peg position on older bikes also are lower usually and forward .

If you want a supersport that's comfy, then go with this!:

Okay, but, still, I think a very god rule of thumb is: The older you, the more comfort you'll find. The newer, the more it seems that bikes are made "absolutely track focused".

Obviously, Iron Butt Association makes it possible to find solutions, such as an aftemarket seat, adjustable risers (Heli Bars, Superbike kits, etc.), adjustable rear sets...

But, it's going to be harder to do on a newer bike.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Discussion is headed into the direction I hoped it wouldn't go.

To be more specific I was curious as to whether or not you guys like how you fit on a supersport bike and how you would feel about commuting on one. Highway and/or stop and go.

For me, I don't mind the more bent over position and I would probably feel less cramped on a 1000 given that they are physically larger than my 600. I'm 6' 0" 220lbs.

*Oh Raylee, if I find a bike that I want to buy (having trouble finding something nice) then I will be selling the f3. FYI - It now has 12k miles on it, mechanically it's mint but it has Auctmarts plastics on it (dropped it in my front lawn on account of wet grass *facepalm*) so it also has the full '97 tail conversion since auctmarts doesn't make plastics for a '96. I have all the old plastics and tail section stuff, it's all in good condition save for the pieces that cracked.

Although at this point I'm starting to doubt I'll find a bike I wanna buy anytime soon, so it might be a long time before it's up for sale.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:59 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frost
To be more specific I was curious as to whether or not you guys like how you fit on a supersport bike and how you would feel about commuting on one. Highway and/or stop and go.
I guess I didn't say anything about commuting when I talked about long rides and comfort being relative on my 08 1000RR. However, I commute regularly 28 miles each way on it, around 2/3 of that is highway. To me, that's way too short of a distance to matter anyway.

I'm 5'-11", around 180 lbs and it feels fine to me.