New Member Area New to CBRForum? Stop in and introduce yourself.

are they really comfortable ?

Old 09-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default are they really comfortable ?

what's up guys ( and girls ) . i just signed up and wanted to ask if the cbr f type 600's are comfortable enough to ride for long distances ( say 200 miles a day ) . i know there are two the type f and the rr . i would be looking for the f type . i'm presently riding a 95 suzuki katana 750 and would like to upgrade to a more flickable , handling bike . i've test ridden a 2004 vfr but it felt the same as my kat . i did sit on a 2001 gsx-r 750 and hated it . that thing is too track orientated for me , besides i have lower back problems . the katana i can ride all day no problem ,would the cbr feel similar ? i can take some discomfort and wish sometimes the kat would be more flickable but thats not gonna happen . thanks for the advice .

Old 09-07-2009, 07:47 PM

What year are you looking for?
I got a 87 and it has a nice ride I got 3 prolapsed disks and got no trouble with long ride.
My brother says its like a Cadillac compared to his 954
You can always take your seat to upholstery shop and have them tweak it a little for you
By adding more padding to it.
I've seen that a few times.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:20 PM

thanks for the reply joe . i'm looking to get a 2000 to a 2006 . i think thats the last year they made the f model .

Old 09-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey there Guy; the F4i took a couple of months for me to get fully comfortable on. My main issue initially was with my right hand going numb. This was due to being a complete novice and to inadequate body positioning on the bike. Your *** also has to get acustomed to the seat. But once you develop that (intimate) relationship with the bike, you can ride comfortably for hours on end, and have a blast doing it. With your lower back, maybe try wearing something like a weightlifting belt; might help. Keep us updated...
Welcome to CBRF

Old 09-07-2009, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Incognito
Hey there Guy; the F4i took a couple of months for me to get fully comfortable on. My main issue initially was with my right hand going numb. This was due to being a complete novice and to inadequate body positioning on the bike. Your *** also has to get acustomed to the seat. But once you develop that (intimate) relationship with the bike, you can ride comfortably for hours on end, and have a blast doing it. With your lower back, maybe try wearing something like a weightlifting belt; might help. Keep us updated...
Welcome to CBRF
Thank God you made the comment about the right hand going numb. I have been riding cruisers for years and have never had my hand go numb like I have in the past few days. Otherwise my f1 is a dream. I think I could easily go 200 miles on it in a day (but with the hand issue I'd probably use a throttle boss). lol

BTW: The Other Guy - Welcome to CBRF!

Old 09-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthernF1
Thank God you made the comment about the right hand going numb. I have been riding cruisers for years and have never had my hand go numb like I have in the past few days. Otherwise my f1 is a dream. I think I could easily go 200 miles on it in a day (but with the hand issue I'd probably use a throttle boss). lol

BTW: The Other Guy - Welcome to CBRF!
Lol city traffic has my left hand going numb from all the constant shifting.

My F3 is fairly comfortable. Mostly it's my pants that aren't. Keep giving myself wedgies. Gonna have to shop for bike pants + undies

Old 09-07-2009, 08:59 PM

i hear ya on the throttle hand . when i'm on the kat mines feels like it's about to go numb also . i just take my hand off and open and close my fingers then continue . i'm gonna take a spin over to the local dealer and see if they have any used ones for sale and sit on it to see how comfortable it really is . all the reviews i've read say it's a dream compared to the others in it's class .

Old 09-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, on long straight rides, you got to keep moving around and maintain circulation. There's been times when my toes have gotten numb from being on the pegs in the same position for so long, lol.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:57 PM
mpz

I went from Katana to F4i and they're completely different. Fs are comfortable compared to other supersports but it's still a supersport and not a sport tourer. It has good ergonomics but you'll notice more pressure on your wrists. If you want comfortable and flickable bike it's hard to beat SV650.