Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stupid ME...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid ME...

So i finally have a serious buyer for my motorcycle... its been a long one but finally. I recently rebuilt the motor with my dad over the winter (took about 3-4 months) but i have been kinda sloppy on keeping the receipts... most of the new gaskets i bought from a local motorcycle shop but cant find the receipt for those. the work done cleaning up the head of the motor was paid in cash as a favor from a good friend (who is now hard to get in touch with). I have some ebay purchases but ebay only goes back up to 3 months

dude said he will buy my bike if i can show him some receipts which i honestly only have one recent for a clutch adjuster for $7.59. I was trying to look up bank statements but i just switched over banks in april from M&T bank to Chase bank. M&T is not really friendly with their charges

any ideas guys, i am not trying to make excuses because i legit did the work but, im not very good with papers

the money from this bike will pay off my car in full so u can imagine how much i want it sold

Last edited by NYKnick1015; 06-22-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

eBay may only go back 3 months. Paypal goes much further back. Login to your Paypal account and go into the history.

I just tested with my purchase history for the last 2 years. The transaction details on eBay purchases will show the ebay item title

Old 06-23-2010, 12:35 AM

Are there visible leaks? As long and the bike isn't puking oil or coolant, the gaskets are probably good right? I do save reciepts for the work I do on my bikes, but that has never been a deal breaker for me. This buyer is making you jump through hoops to make the sale... I'd tell him to pound sand myself.
His loss if he doesn't jump on the deal.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
eBay may only go back 3 months. Paypal goes much further back. Login to your Paypal account and go into the history.

I just tested with my purchase history for the last 2 years. The transaction details on eBay purchases will show the ebay item title
yea im goin thru pay pal right now but it doesnt show specific details on the transaction

Originally Posted by thrasher572
Are there visible leaks? As long and the bike isn't puking oil or coolant, the gaskets are probably good right? I do save reciepts for the work I do on my bikes, but that has never been a deal breaker for me. This buyer is making you jump through hoops to make the sale... I'd tell him to pound sand myself.
His loss if he doesn't jump on the deal.
there arent any visible leaks and its not leaking anything. i didnt save the receipts because my intentions was to keep thebike but plans ended up changing. I did a lot of work on the bike to not get the reasonable amount im asking for. if not then oh well

Old 06-23-2010, 09:38 AM

I just went through selling a couple of bikes and dealing with different buyers. I told lowballers to pound sand. I got my asking price. It was a fair deal for the money I was asking. If you can say the same, a buyer will come along and pay it. I understand you want to pay your car off with the proceeds but try to be patient and not seem desperate to sell. It puts you in a better position as the seller if you are firm on your price...it weeds out the tire kickers.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:43 PM

yea thanks man... i still ride the bike so i honestly am in no rush to sell it at all but i would rather sell the bike instead of making monthly payments on only 2500... its just annoying