Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Squid or Not
Yes
52.43%
No
47.57%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Squid or not

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 06:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DonnyBrago
If you have to ask, you are already a squid.
Doesn't bother me if I am. If people are really going to call me a squid so I ride there way that's a joke. This isn't elementary school were calling name is going to make somebody feel bad. My full race suit is probably more expensive then most people's protective clothing they wear on here.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:47 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY

The one thing I have noticed is that the bikes that I have taken pics of, the only ones "Geared up" are on CBR's. Yes I do take pics of all the pics I pass here in INDY.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guys at the bike shop were giving me a ration today about my gear, i went to buy a shorter pair of gloves for the summer, after putting in alot of time today in the heat my SP2's were to hot and to long. So i take the busa up there, my alpinestars jacket, sp2's helmet and wranglers, and low and behold they pick me apart for my shoes. I'm like dude i'm in 9" tall steel toes everyday of my life, its saturday, i'm in town and it was a 6 mile trip which i hit every stoplight on the way here. Didnt see a single other biker out that so much as had a jacket on, i tend to not wear my jacket on short rides if its real hot out not super comfortable with the "naked" feeling i get without it, wont go anywhere without my jeans, gloves and lid

Old 08-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Krux
My full race suit is probably more expensive then most people's protective clothing they wear on here.
You even sound like a squid.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by DonnyBrago
You even sound like a squid.
Cuz I am a squid. Name calling is so lets say junior high. If you have anything productive to comment about I am all ears. Yet not only am I not impressing you with what I wear but even if I talk about a full race suit I am still classified as a squid. I think its all in people's head what they want to believe and you sir are making me think the real people that are squids are the one's that think there better than everyone.

Last edited by Krux; 08-02-2010 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Thumbs up

Cuz I am a squid. Name calling is so lets say junior high. If you have anything productive to comment about I am all ears. Yet not only am I not impressing you with what I wear but even if I talk about a full race suit I am still classified as a squid. I think its all in people's head what they want to believe and you sir are making me think the real people that are squids are the one's that think there better than everyone.
Well said......people are very judgemental..... u will never impress or please everybody. Your right with the comment about your full suit costing more than most of our gear..... ive seen those cheap ones run 600 and a good set run well over 1200 bucks. I damn sho dont have gear that comes close to the 1000 buck mark.....

Old 08-03-2010, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
Well said......people are very judgemental..... u will never impress or please everybody. Your right with the comment about your full suit costing more than most of our gear..... ive seen those cheap ones run 600 and a good set run well over 1200 bucks. I damn sho dont have gear that comes close to the 1000 buck mark.....
Thanks. I have respect for you. I have a full Honda race suit leathers. It zips together as one whole piece than I use a shoei helmet and my carbon fiber knuckle leather gloves and steel toe boots. Your right will never make anyone happy, I guess its one of those things you live with and always have.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:13 AM

I take it back, you actually sound like a retard.

A "full race suit" wont do you any good if you aren't wearing it. Besides, how do you know your "full race suit" will provide better protection than a cheaper set of gear?

I have a full Honda race suit leathers. It zips together as one whole piece than I use a shoei helmet and my carbon fiber knuckle leather gloves and steel toe boots.
I have never seen anyone racing competitively in 2 piece zip together leathers, so what makes your gear a "full race suit".

So you know, steel toe capped boots have a tendency to get bent in a manner that can cost you some toes in an accident. Maybe you should get some "full race boots".

Last edited by DonnyBrago; 08-04-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:13 AM

how do you know your "full race suit" will provide better protection than a cheaper set of gear?
<----seriously??? your calling somebody a retard after that statement? thats like questioning whether a helmet can save your life if you slam your head off the ground.....There is a reason why AMA/Moto GP use leather suits as opposed to kevlar pants and a mesh jacket.......

Old 08-04-2010, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
<----seriously??? your calling somebody a retard after that statement? thats like questioning whether a helmet can save your life if you slam your head off the ground.....There is a reason why AMA/Moto GP use leather suits as opposed to kevlar pants and a mesh jacket.......

Clearly some materials will have better abrasion resistance than others but that is not what I said. If for example we are considering only one material i.e. leather, how do you know a more expensive set will offer more protection?

So... how do you know your leathers are any good? What have they been tested against? What injuries do your leathers prevent that others don't that justify the cost? How much longer does it last than a cheaper set?

Why did you spend $1000 on something you cannot even prove is better than a cheaper set? I'm guessing it is just so you can tell people on forums how expensive it was.

Squid.

Last edited by DonnyBrago; 08-04-2010 at 07:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Squid or not