Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Squid or Not
Yes
52.43%
No
47.57%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Squid or not

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i like to think wiser] rider. at least, that is what i tell myself when i am on my F

I like to think so too

Old 06-21-2010, 09:29 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shadow
explain those two fat caterpillars crawling across your forehead.
Children of the big hairy caterpillar in my leather pants

you pull off those leather pants well Shadow
I thank you, but not even for you am I going to...........pull off my leather pants.......nooooo .
you'll all laugh at my hairy caterpillar.......

PLZ SPARE US....VIRGIN EYES

Old 06-22-2010, 03:01 AM

there are acceptably safe alternatives to hot riding gear. i love my mesh jacket...light armor and still very vented. most textile gloves are well vented, and you can get new helmets with ducting that works pretty well at speed. of course, if it is 110°, it is gonna be hot, regardless....take the car if the AC works.....

Old 07-07-2010, 09:19 PM

I vote "yes", but I'm one of those freaks who believe in "all the gear, all the time" and I live in Jacksonville, Florida. Full leather suit most of the time, but if its a short ride, say a couple of blocks, at least jeans, jacket, helmet, boots and gloves.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:37 AM

So many "what if's" here...what if you fall and u have no gear on, what if u fall and u have gear on.....in my experiences the ones WITH the gear get the worst damage. I think the ones that cant sit for weeks and yaddi yaddi yaddi understand the concept of riding but lack the knowledge on how to fall......ive seen severe road rash on azz and hands, and for those that have had this happen my question to u: why are u fighting the fall????? tuck and roll, prevents plenty of road rash, leathers are designed to slide in, all others tuck and roll.....what if i go down wit full leathers and get run over by a 18 wheeler???? do i stand a chance? how about that guy with only a helmet gloves and pants? i think the answer would be no in any situation<---another what if......alot of that goin around this incredibly long topic. for all you atgatt guys why dont u ride in a bubble? sounds like you have more fear than confidence...maybe 4 doors is ur best means of transportation....

Old 07-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

for all you atgatt guys why dont u ride in a bubble? sounds like you have more fear than confidence...maybe 4 doors is ur best means of transportation....

Now there's a real squid message. Also a man who's bulletproof..............?
For me, "I'd rather walk away in disgust, than be driven away in an ambulance ".

Old 07-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
for all you atgatt guys why dont u ride in a bubble? sounds like you have more fear than confidence...maybe 4 doors is ur best means of transportation....
amusing .. this is the exact same position asserted earlier in the thread about ATGATT riders being elitists - that only one sort of rider is fit to ride.

to extend the logic here -- if the activity has any inherent danger it should be avoided altogether, unless of course, you're going to attempt it without safety equipment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

this thread started out searching to put a harder definition on what makes for a 'squid', but has turned into the usual gear/no gear debate. NoGears are idiots and ATGATTs are pussies. we get it.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:44 AM

if it your time to go it doesn't matter what you have on it. just wear a helmet

Old 07-08-2010, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by 91project
if it your time to go it doesn't matter what you have on it. just wear a helmet
THANK YOU! imma believer in the Lord's work. If its your time to go it doesnt matter if you have a full 1 piece suit on guess what????

I should be kickin myself in the a$$ right now for entertainin this topic. Why such a long topic for such a stupid topic? Who gives a $hit what the next man/woman is wearing?????
Can somebody answer that question for me? why so much interest in what somebody is wearin and whether they are a squid or not???? it all boils down to one thing, we are "ALL" riders with different styles.....im not the violent type by any means but somebody i ride wit tellin me im a idiot for not suiting up will more than likely become a altercation, why? dont f*ckin worry about what im wearing, do you and imma do me.

Hey mod's why dont u ban the word "squid" its offensive......this stupid word needs to be layed to rest....squid is more offensive than $hit!

Old 07-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THANK YOU! imma believer in the Lord's work. If its your time to go it doesnt matter if you have a full 1 piece suit on guess what????
I'm absolutely NOT a believer in that "lord's work" bs, but obviously you're free to believe what you want.
I can't buy the fact that god decided to kill less people in car accidents since airbags were invented, and I can't believe that the stats are showing that god likes people wearing helmets. I could go way deeper into that, but I won't.

Why do you think racers wear suits, gloves, and boots? Do you think they would hop back up off the pavement like they do after sliding 100ft on their bare skin?
Seriously?
IMO, your view is pure bullchit, my friend.
If I had been wearing proper gear every time I hit the dirt, I wouldn't have scars and pipe burns on my legs right now, and I would have saved myself a lot of pain. Same thing with BMX and skateboarding. You know how many times I've picked stones out of my wrists and elbows because I wanted to be comfortable or look cool? I chock it up too being a dumbass kid, but I don't have any excuses now.
My best friend's wife has some real nice scars on her shoulders, arms, and back, too, from wrecking out in Nevada. There's no doubt in my mind that she would have been fine if she'd been wearing gear, but instead she got an ambulance ride. We were both being dumbasses for not wearing what we should, and people can call us squids all they like. I won't cry like a bitch about it.

Who gives a $hit what the next man/woman is wearing?????
Can somebody answer that question for me?
For the people out there who can be convinced to wear gear.... I'm gonna try to convince them because it's the right thing to do. I'd rather see my fellow riders in better shape after a crash because I care about them (especially the new/younger guys and girls). I'm not an elitist type at all. It has nothing to do with that. I don't preach gun safety because I think I'm cooler than other people, either. It's about promoting safety, responsibility, and the image/future of the sport.

Quick Reply: Squid or not