Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Squid or Not
Yes
52.43%
No
47.57%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Squid or not

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Krux
Squid or not:

Your riding at 30mph to a friends house which is 5 miles away. You take your bike and the only gear you have on is a helmet. The clothes your wearing are shorts, shirt, and shoes.

So squid or not?
Who cares? You'll wear what you want till you eat it then you'll wear gear all the time. Seams like that's how it always happens.... too little too late. Wear what you want and care less of what others think.

Last edited by Volksdragg; 07-27-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:41 AM

Its completely normal especially here in Florida. We don't have a helmet law so people ride in plain clothes with sunglasses on. I still do it occasionally when i go to the store or a friend's house that's within 5miles or less. Any serious riding, commuting, or long rides and its full gear.

Old 07-28-2010, 05:32 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have to ask, you are already a squid.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DonnyBrago
If you have to ask, you are already a squid.
+1

Old 07-30-2010, 01:18 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Saw a CBR rider last nite

Old 07-30-2010, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Indiana Hurricane
And the issue being????

Wait wait wait, it all makes sinse now! I see the issue! D@MN Thats A Nice BIKE!!!!

Old 07-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
And the issue being????

Wait wait wait, it all makes sinse now! I see the issue! D@MN Thats A Nice BIKE!!!!
You're going out of your way to act like a tool in these threads now.

I'm pretty sure he was commenting on the fact that the rider was wearing gloves, boots and a lid.

Old 07-30-2010, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
You're going out of your way to act like a tool in these threads now.

I'm pretty sure he was commenting on the fact that the rider was wearing gloves, boots and a lid.
oh ****, damn my fault i didnt see the "thumbs up". A female co-worker put me into a garden tool classification today also! She called me a "ho..e"

Old 07-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
oh ****, damn my fault i didnt see the "thumbs up". A female co-worker put me into a garden tool classification today also! She called me a "ho..e"

lol - my employees prolly call me something along those lines on a reg. basis.

Keep the rubber-side down bro, you DFW riders are crazy.

Old 07-31-2010, 03:20 AM

i would like to take a segway on this topic to comment on something i notice in the news. it's nothing new, and it kinda ****** up the hairs on the back of my neck every time i notice it.
this time of year, there are a LOT of bikes on the roads around this part of the county. people from other states here to see Glacier or Yellowstone Park, on their way to various rallies or get-togethers, or just checking out a road never traveled before. the Sturgis rally starts soon, and I-90 has a persistent rumble from harleys. occasionally, i can hear the whine of some sport bike rapped up and obviously on a speed run up on that same interstate, since it is just north of my house.
this time of year, there are also a lot of bike accidents. somebody goes down while going too fast on an unfamiliar stretch of road, hits gravel in a turn, hits a deer, or gets hit by a cager not paying attention. regardless of the cause of the crash, or the outcome, if the news reports it, they will always comment if the rider was not wearing a helmet.
you may not ever hear if the rider was indeed wearing a helmet or any other safety equipment, but if there was NOT a helmet being worn, it is ALWAYS noted in the report. you will also never hear if the actual injuries or death of the rider was the ultimate fault of wearing a helmet or not, so there is always that question left up in the air of if the rider died because he hit a tree at 80 mph, and thus a helmet would have been no protection, anyway, or if the guy went down at about 30 mph and would have survived except for the head trauma.
i know as a rider since the mid 80s that you truly never know when you are going to get it or not. i just think that the hysteria that surrounds motorcycle riding is disproportionate to the actual process. if the truth were to be told, i quite honestly think that more people would realize that...while the sport can be dangerous, it is not quite as bad as the media, the authorities, and your mother wants you to be led to believe. it deserves respect, just like any activity with an element of danger, but it is only as dangerous as your abilities and common sense let it be. if i crash on my bike, i hope the news reporter chokes on the words "and he wasn't wearing a helmet".

Quick Reply: Squid or not