Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So I kinda got rear ended tonight

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007 | 12:20 AM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: So I kinda got rear ended tonight

3rdGen...I think there should be more testing for our elderly drivers. I am glad you are okay, to be sure, but that is total bull**** that there is any scuttlebutt about the accident. I would go full force and get everything you can from them. You are experiencedenought to know how to leave yourself space to move out of the way. Do your thing, man.

Old 03-25-2007 | 12:51 AM
|
Ironmang

I agree... these old people should NOT be driving[:@] Weird thing is, I'm always paranoid about people coming up from behind me, and I ALWAYS have my eyes glued to the mirrors and in 1st gear ready to go while stopped, just for this very reason. And this time I was looking in my mirrors, and I did see him coming, BUT the reason I didn't get out of the way in time was cuz they were going so slow. I saw him coming in my mirror, but he was going so slow I didn't think too much of it. He could have easily stopped with the speed he was going. He got a little closer, still going the same speed, and when I realized he wasn't going to stop it was too late for me to react. If I would have been able to tell from further back that he was coming in too hot then I would have gotten out of the way right away, like I've had to do before. But he was going so slow I couldn't tell until the last minute. Oh well nothing I can do about it now... I'm just glad he was going slow and I wasn't hurt. Bike is getting fixed, so it looks like it'll all work out in the end

Old 03-25-2007 | 04:09 AM

glad you are ok

Old 03-25-2007 | 08:01 AM

jeez...should we really be driving at 90? Glad you're ok.

Old 03-25-2007 | 01:16 PM

Wow man that sucks. Glad to see your all right. My wife's suv was rear ended a whilk back and , well, same thing, the guy was such a f#*kin dick about it we decided to take him to the cleaners. Looked good when we got it back with all the previous nicks and scratches gone.

Again glad your fine and thank god it wasn't worse.

Old 03-25-2007 | 02:15 PM

ah man, im so sorry to hear that... what a bummer. my mom used to live in lauderdale (well, outside in Deerfield Beach) and just driving in a car down there is scary enough, no wonder why everyone has lifted trucks or SUV's, it's madness on those roads.!

Old 03-25-2007 | 02:42 PM
|
Ironmang

ORIGINAL: aaron1085

ah man, im so sorry to hear that... what a bummer. my mom used to live in lauderdale (well, outside in Deerfield Beach) and just driving in a car down there is scary enough, no wonder why everyone has lifted trucks or SUV's, it's madness on those roads.!
You ain't kidding they're crazy!! [:-] I hate SoFla more and more everyday for this very reason... I'm getting to where I really can't stand it here anymore, I want to move... I think N. GA or NC is calling my name I commute on the bike 90 miles/day from Sunrise to West Palm Beach, 5 days a week in both 7:00 morning and 5:30 evening traffic... no fun. But at least it's not as bad as it could be... the heavy traffic runs south in the mornings and north in the evenings, and I go just the opposite so it's not nearly as bad as it could be. Still sucks though! But yea, these people are insane on every level imaginable. I've had people come up from behind right in my lane, squeeze in next to me and run me right off the road before... INTENTIONALLY!! ****** idiots...all of them! [:@] Can't wait to get outta here

Old 03-27-2007 | 01:23 AM
|
Ironmang

Well some good news today... the insurance adjuster dude called me today while he was at the dealership, and said they went ahead and approved all the repairs for my bike. Came out to $2320.00 or something like that. They're replacing everything on the right side (including the pipe), + front fender and left brake rotor. They went ahead and ordered the parts today, so hopefully she'll be back home soon!