Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Rear Ended by bike hating cop

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear Ended by bike hating cop

Lastnight I'm going to one of the local spots to catch a ride. I'm coming from a one laner that feeds into a 2 lane then 3 laner. I'm chillin', dressed in full gear 1pc and it's just after dark. I get to the light and see a cop behind me. Wondering if he's thinking about me, I turn off into the restaurant area also in the hopes that I could catch some riders there. He keeps going, and I have no luck finding riders. So I continue on the road to the spot and get to the next light, conscious that he may be lurking somewhere, so I'm mindful to keepthe wristin check.

I get to the next light and then see the cop in my mirror again, lights go on and then BAM! The S.O.B. hits me. I'm in shock and basically like, "I can't believe this just happened". Then he comes over to me and I ask why he hit me, he says that he was trying to get close, shrugs his shoulders and brushes it off, like it's nothing.

I ask why he stopped me and he asks me to shut off the bike and I comply. Then he says that my tags are expired. I point out that the stickers on the tag don't agree with him, so he asks for my liscense. I offer my registration to which he says he doesn't need that he can get everything through my liscense.

After he radios it in, I ask him why he ran my tags and he says that the law gives him the authority to run any tags he wants "That's how we do it" because most of the time the bike is either stolen or the guy has a lot of warrants. I'm now looking at him like an a$$ clown, thinking about how I'm dressed (yeah I'm a motorcycle theif in full gear).

Then he says that he couldn't see my tags. I caught him ina lie and then he's like, "OK that's how you want it, you're getting a ticket for illegal lane change. You're lucky that I'm not giving you speeding too, cause I heard you coming and I know you were speeding." I'm like, WTF????

THEN, I said to him that if my bike is damaged, he's getting the bill. I ask him his name and he says, "It'll be on the ticket."

So he writes me 3 tickets (the additional one was negligent driving for this alleged lane change) total $520 bux. UNBELIEVABLE.

When he gives me the tickets, I can't read his name. I tell him this and he says, "That's how I write." "But it's illegible." "That's how I write" "Okay what's your badge number?" "There it is right there." "I can't read that." "There it is right there." "You're not going to give me your badge number?" "It's 2991" I write and down and say "Thank you, I'm sending you the bill."

I ask if I can go and then leave. He follows me for a while until I make a right turn off the road.

After I get home, I start to feel the impact. Now I'm really mad.[:@]

Old 10-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Default RE: Rear Ended by bike hating cop

Oh, yeah......PG County cops SUCK

Old 10-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like he was pissed he hit you, and took it out on you. You should go to the police station and talk to his superior.

Old 10-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

shoulda ran....muahahahhahhaha

you know...he's supposed to have video of this in his car...file a complaint asap...

Old 10-16-2007, 03:32 PM

Definatelly file something against him before too much time passes. I woulda called the police station as soon as he hit me to report an accident. Cop sounds like a dick that needs some corrective action against him.

Old 10-16-2007, 03:32 PM

holy ****e....ftp. what a dick. im sorry but i really lol'd reading that story, just cant believe it. what an *******

Old 10-16-2007, 03:33 PM

COMPLAINT ASAP! You should have asked for his supervisor to come out immediately after the incident. I would not have left until his supervisor showed. GET A COMPLAINT IN! That's BS. Also, don't establish a court date until your complaint is heard. If they don't play ball, use your complaint and the officer's actions against him in court.

This is a good example of why you carry a camera with you. I would have taken pictures of his car and the bike immediately.

Old 10-16-2007, 03:39 PM

I didn't think to use my camera phone. That's my only regret. I'm going today to make the complaint. Oh yeah, PG County Cops SUCK.

Old 10-16-2007, 03:44 PM

PG County? wheres that?

Old 10-16-2007, 03:58 PM

Maryland
That's Prince George's County. They have a reputation for police brutality that several Police Chiefs over the years have been trying to change that image. Doen't work with me, I grew up in this area and remember the horror stories.

Quick Reply: Rear Ended by bike hating cop