Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So I kinda got rear ended tonight

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007 | 01:18 PM
Default RE: So I kinda got rear ended tonight

first...glad you're ok mang! you fared out well with all the mileage you've done on the bike!

check the subframe and swinger over for damage. i'd have the dealer include in the report to replace them...also the triples and the front/rear wheel and forks.

idiots...

Old 03-20-2007 | 01:55 PM

yeah, you are very lucky, and with the amount of miles you put on that bike, I dont think anyone needs
to tell you how to be prepared at a stop light. good luck getting it fixed right--of course, maybe they'll total because of the miles
and have an excuse for a new bike -07RR

Old 03-20-2007 | 03:14 PM

hey man glad ur ok

and stick it to that old F*!K

this is just one more reason why i feel people should have to re-test for their liscence when they get old...b/c old ppl suck at driving...

believe me, i live in CT, the richest state in the country, im surrounded by old rich f*!ks who dont know how to drive they BMW SUVs or mercedes

Old 03-20-2007 | 03:27 PM

3months ago I might have said just relaxe and do the right thing but....... 2 months ago I was rear ended too. I was out of work till yesterday 3/19 and had no way to pay my bills, and could barely afford to eat. I am still broke and dodging collectors till I get some income to get caught up. I have a lawsuit pending and the guy was more worried about him getting a ticket rather than the fact that I was hurt and my bike was dammaged pretty bad (not drivable) then to add to it his insurance pulled that whole Florida is a no fault state crap. hung up the phone and called a lawyer right away.

Old 03-20-2007 | 03:37 PM

ORIGINAL: BlindinOrange

Florida is a no fault state crap.
i live in CT...so maybe im just naive as to what this means? but would you mind ellaborating?

Old 03-20-2007 | 03:57 PM

http://autoinsurancecarrier.com/no_fault.html

Old 03-24-2007 | 09:18 PM
|
Ironmang

Well after some thought, I decided to keep it legit and just go though the guys insurance. They had called me the very next morning anyways, so I just followed through with them. I dropped the bike off at Rick Case Honda today, which is the shop they use for their 'authorized repairs'. Also the same place I bought the bike from back in '04. So it's there awaiting the insurance adjuster to go and look at it on monday. We'll see what happens! I'm hoping it's nothing major damaged, like forks or swingarm or anything. I really don't want them to total it cuz I love the bike, and hadn't really planned on getting a new one for some time yet. But I guess if they do it's a good excuse to get that new RC-51!

Anyways hopefully it's just the cosmetic stuff and they can get it all fixed up and back to me. It would be nice to get it back this week sometime, but I'm not holding my breath on that, LOL [:@]

Old 03-24-2007 | 10:27 PM

Blindin, Nice to see ya up and working again. How's the leg treating you?

Old 03-24-2007 | 11:01 PM
Senior Member & Lord of the Odometer (300,000 Mles) & Counting

Hey:

Just remember to include any of your riding gear that was damaged in the accident,
Gloves,Helmet,Jacket, pants, and boots, (Oh also your soiled underwear that you got during
the impact), as most insurance companies will try to weasel out of whatever they can, so if
you have/ haven't got a lawyer yet, go to a doctor/ Chiropracter and get checked out, and have them,
his insurance pay for it as you may have soft/bone tissue damage that you may not feel right away
and after you sign the paperwork you will have no rights to get them to pay for anything later
without alot of cost to you. Get all the advice you can on what your entittled to before you settle.
I was a very young rider when I was hit and it changed my life at that time but not nearly as bad
as it would later when fractures had healed that I did not know I had till I got older and now
they remind me of that accident all the time and if I would have known back then about the injury,
surgery could have saved me alot of future pain and money.

Dub

Old 03-24-2007 | 11:06 PM

OK back to work but knee is still hurting. think I'm going to be in pain for the rest of my life due to this. never had knee problems before. but non the less at least I'm pulling a paycheck

Quick Reply: So I kinda got rear ended tonight