Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So I kinda got rear ended tonight

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007 | 03:31 AM
|
Ironmang
Default So I kinda got rear ended tonight

First off let me say... I'm perfectly fine Not even a scratch on me. Other than probably my blood pressure skyrocketing through the roof trying to stay calm and keep from putting a round of bullets into a certain 90 year olds head!!! [:@][sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif]So it all started when I'm on my way over to my dads house in Pompano, with a new(er) motherboard and power supply in my backpack to go and finally fix his computer. I come up to the stop light at commercial and powerline rd, there's a red mustang in front of me so I stop and of course leave a couple feet of room like I always do. Right after I came to a stop I look in my mirrors (like I always do), and I saw this car coming up behind me, but they weren't going that fast so I didn't think much of it, but then by the time I realized they weren't going to stop it was too late.... BAM!!! Homeboy plows my rear end, pushes the bike into the mustang in front of me, and I somehow managed to stay on my feet and never fell. Can't say the same for the bike though... she went down on her right side Doesn't look like too much damage though... really only a cracked upper fairing, broken mirror, rashed right side fairing, and a bent brake rotor or two

Name:  DSC02113.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  60.1 KB

Name:  DSC02116.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  66.7 KB

Name:  DSC02120.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  58.6 KB

What's left of my mirror after a couple of cars ran over it, lol
Name:  DSC02125.jpg
Size:  51.9 KB

Bent the crap out of my plate but it appears no other damage to the rear
Name:  DSC02130.jpg
Size:  44.0 KB

And who would have guessed, it was a ****** 90 year old with his equally old wife, in a new Benz with New York plates.... go figure. The dude was a total ****** idiot... he was arguing with the cop about the damage to the mustang, and how he thought there wasn't really any damage so it shouldn't be included on the report. The cop was just shaking his head. He was a cool cop too... younger guy, really nice. But the people want to settle with both of us for damages, so I'll take it in to the dealer and get a nice fat repair estimate. I'm usually Mr. Honest, but in this case I have absolutely no sympathy, cuz there's absolutely NO reason for this idiot to rear end me. I stopped perfectly fine, he should be able to as well. He fukked up, and now he's gonna pay... big time. I'm gonna list EVERYTHING on there, even the smallest little scratch or anything.

Anyways, that was my fun for the night....

Old 03-20-2007 | 03:49 AM
Default RE: So I kinda got rear ended tonight

Glad your OK...Try not to take it too personal...accidents, happen... possibly to you, when your 90!!!! Insurance will replace the bike... the dealeris theplace, to get a "full" est.
Think about pointing your bike, at a angle to escape, if you do see someone unable to stop.(things "looked OK" when you checked your mirrors) sometimes it's a smoke'n hocky stop, and a squirt, will get you out of harms way. I'm glad you and all involved, areOK.
I hope the forum member, that posted "NO MIRRORS, SO WHAT"
Reads this. Free and clear, Ripp'n

Old 03-20-2007 | 04:07 AM

Damn man, I feel for ya......just make sure you hit that guys insurance up to the max and maybe they can replace your stuff wit some crazy aftermarket stuff if you got a cool shop that will jack up the estimate....but good luck either way!

Old 03-20-2007 | 04:24 AM

Rear enders are the most common accident, chances are this old guy only saw the Mustang, and you weren't even a blip on his radar.(you start to lose depth perception as you get older) I've heard of riders getting bumped into intersections, and then being creamed by the other traffic. Even the CBR's are pretty woefull when it comes to looking at whats behind, apart from your elbows. Glad your ok, get your quotes, make sure you check that your bike didn't suffer any frame or fork damage as well, they always feel weird after a stack anyhow, but make sure. I know your pissed off at these people, but any stack you can walk away from.....
You have my sympathy

Old 03-20-2007 | 04:33 AM

I don't know boutyou but that's not my idea of a good time. At least you're o.k. and you can still come on the forum, type and not be eatting thru a straw.

Old 03-20-2007 | 04:33 AM

Hey accidents happen to everyone, and if they were ment to happen, then they wouldn't be called accidents. However, that was pretty rediculous that the guy tried to get out of it when he clearly knew it was his fault. So he tried to scam you, scam him, I agree with anthonymartin, it is time for fun after market extras!! The cheap old man with the Benz has it coming!!

Old 03-20-2007 | 04:56 AM

get the quote from the dealer and get the guy to cut the check to you! then ebay your fairings and body work and only get a mechanic to fix the stuff you cant fix on your own!!!

new set of gear i think

Old 03-20-2007 | 07:24 AM
Retired Moderator

I say stick it to them. If the elderly are indeed "wiser" than the rest of us like they think they are...........then THEY should know when to stop driving. My Grandmother put up a fight when my dad tried to take her licence away after she said she didn't see what she had hit (which was her own house).

Glad to hear you're alright though. Obviously these people have money if they want to settle without the insurance being brought into it. Get a "COMPLETE" estimate and give them the bill.

Old 03-20-2007 | 12:14 PM

Glad your ok. My grandfather knows he is old and he has to drive somewhere someone drives him. He usually takes public transportation majority of the time, unless its unavailable but that doesnt happan to often. I remmeber driving him when i was 15 and didnt even have a license or a permit, it was just safer.

Old 03-20-2007 | 12:44 PM

Sorry man glad to hear you are allright. Thats the reason we have insurance and wear what we do.

Quick Reply: So I kinda got rear ended tonight