Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Running from the law??

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in North Carolina it's based on which county you're in. most will only chase if it's a violent crime and never exceed 100 mph

on a side note I got a ticket a week of so ago on the bike for 68 in a 55, never been pulled on the bike before and immediately pulled over when he hit the lights. it was a highway patrolman and they almost never let anyone off.

Old 06-09-2009, 09:42 PM

Horrific tale from down under, pace. Felt like I was right there with you; now I can see his face too. Scary. Nooo reason to run from police.

Plank. I searched long for that one awhile back...needed a rib-teaser for His Esteemed Eminence the Lord Shadow of South Africa. : ) Not sure it crosses over to Australia...my contact lenses get fogged up sometimes and I can't make out what I write on this 13" Texas Instruments green screen cathode ray tube. ; )

Old 06-10-2009, 07:30 AM

[QUOTE=chuckbear;794824]Surprise a cop. Pull over. You might find they're quite pleased you cooperated and didn't hesitate to pull over and let you off scott free --

They do get surprised when you pull over..Me and a buddy were out riding and hit a big open road with fresh pavement so we got goin a lil faster then we shoulda been. Anyway we pass a cop doin 90 in a 40 he pulls out behind us hits the blues an we both pull over. He was so happy that we didnt just take off and run him that he cut our tickets down to 10 over which was only a $50 fine instead of us being arrested, losing our license and have our bikes towed away. He even thanked us for pulling over so easily and not making him chase us.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:19 AM

My biggest ticket was on a ninja 250. I was clocked at 77 in a 40. $250 fine plus a 3 month suspension with $300 in extra fees PLUS I lost my job over it because I couldn't get to work. Should have ran...

Old 02-03-2010, 08:21 AM

however on the other hand I was pulled over for 55 in a 30 before and the guy let me off with a warning. I may have develop the theory that I won't speed up but if they chase me down, I'll pull over.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:45 AM

playin with fire bikerboy, running can get you killed or someone else, the chance of someone pullin out in front of you goes up big time. you cant put a price on yer life, but kill one of my loved ones i can put a price on ya....totally not worth it bud....peeece

Old 02-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Running from the po-po is just insane.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:08 AM

i'm not saying running, just taking your time to see how committed the cop is. i'm zooming at 90 down the highway and a cop turns around i'm not gonna speed up but i'm not going to immediately pull over either. once the cop gets right behind me i pull over. to me pulling over as soon as they turn around is like going and walking into the police station and say "I was doing 35 in a 30 earlier, will you please give me a ticket?"

Old 02-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerboy46032
i'm not saying running, just taking your time to see how committed the cop is. i'm zooming at 90 down the highway and a cop turns around i'm not gonna speed up but i'm not going to immediately pull over either. once the cop gets right behind me i pull over. to me pulling over as soon as they turn around is like going and walking into the police station and say "I was doing 35 in a 30 earlier, will you please give me a ticket?"
I guess whatever floats yer boat ... but I've been pulled over 40+ times in my life and never had a cop bust my chops for making his job easier

Quick Reply: Running from the law??