Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Running from the law??

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tried that route and still got the ticket. i've escaped more tickets than i've got now.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:01 AM

i think i know of someone that went by a cop at 150 he didnt stop because he would have lost everything including his job with no license. would not recomend doing this! he ecaped though

Old 02-03-2010, 10:07 AM

last summer i was rolling about 100 on the highway and some buddies of mine were up ahead of me on 954's and zx14's. They flew by a state trooper at 175mph. One of the guys on a 954 stopped when the trooper flipped on his lights. by the time i caught up to them my buddy was on the ground with handcuffs on. they towed his bike and broke the fairings, gave him a hell of a speeding ticket, took his license for 3 years, and he spent 3 weeks in jail. Sound bad, but I'm glad he stopped cuz I was next.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:20 AM

i will not run. I have a little story though. Back in the summer we would always ride over to a town that was about 15 miles away, highway the whole way. It was always dark, and we never rode slow. I would say we passed cars, not knowing if they were cops or not at 150+ some times. we pull into town, take a side road and about 10 minutes later we see red and blues, 2 cops behind us. we knew we got called in or another cop saw us. we knew something bad was about to go down. it must have went through everyones mind to just take off. everyone looked at eachother and figured it wasn't worth killing ourselves over so we pulled over. cops get out, come up and said we were speeding. They got us at 25mph in 15mph park zone. didn't give us tickets, just wanted to make sure we were all insured. (we were) and we were on our way in 10 minutes.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:26 AM

hahaha that's funny. even if i would have got the ticket i probably would have laughed at the cop and said thanks. lol

Old 02-03-2010, 10:30 AM

wow.... lmao

Old 02-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We don't advocate running from the law under any circumstances on this forum.
Moreover, I for one don't want to hear how brave/stupid/uninformed you are
so if you want to run from the Po po's or go at 100MPh on a public road- we don't really want to hear about it.

quote:bikerboy46032
even if i would have got the ticket i probably would have laughed.
Let's see if you find this amusing, then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TCKRu02Nzk

Old 02-03-2010, 11:17 AM

now hang on here. i think you misunderstood what that laughing was about. i was referring to the situation of going 150+ then getting a ticket for going 25 in a 15. I do that would have been humorous. And the highway I was on when going 100 was 6 lanes each way with NO traffic. It was 4am. They didn't see the black trooper sitting in the middle... black referring to the the color of the car not the trooper himself. And I don't "run" from the law. I just don't throw my hands up and say "I did it, come give me a ticket!" When the cop is right behind me I pull right over. I don't accelerate trying to get away. I might pull into a parking lot if one is available but I don't run inside trying to hide. I will stay with my bike until either A. Cop drives by, or B. cop stops and talks to me. IN ADDITION, I'm not saying I drive like a complete F***ing Jacka$$ all the time either. Most of the time I stick within 5mph of the speed limit. I am kind of offended that you think I take riding as some sort of daredevil game so you throw a fatal crash in my face. I'm honest to god offended. There are other people on here that openly admit to NEVER stopping and always running. Yet you single me out? Come on seriously?

Old 02-03-2010, 11:29 AM

[quote=Shadow;879854]We don't advocate running from the law under any circumstances on this forum.
Moreover, I for one don't want to hear how brave/stupid/uninformed you are
so if you want to run from the Po po's or go at 100MPh on a public road- we don't really want to hear about it.

quote:bikerboy46032
even if i would have got the ticket i probably would have laughed.
Let's see if you find this amusing, then.

I dont think anyone here is saying it is cool or brave to run from the cops? the guy in the video (yes you should not be riding on the road like that and he screwed up and took some lives) that guy was riding beyond his limits for even the track.... just another question, what is with people bashing others? in general why do they make bikes and sell bikes for the street that go 150+ and i do know it is all about self control. it is to easy for some squid to buy a bike, crank a few gears and kill them self or others.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bikerboy I wasn't specifically intending to bash you, as an individual, rather the whole idea of recklessness, but if and when you've seen as many broken bodies lying on the road, and had to read eulogies at more funerals than I ever want to remember, perhaps you'll understand why I get uptight about stupidity on the road. I'm no angel, hell I regularly go on the wrong side of the line, but I don't condone running from the Po po's under any circumstances. Your comment about having got away more times than you've got tickets gives me the impression that you like to live on the edge - perhaps the rest of us are taking up too much room, but that's the way it is.
Unfortunately it's not just the squids we have to worry about - it's the people they kill. apart from themselves.
If you read our own fallen rider thread you'll see one of our own killed by a drunk driver, this last week.
3 Years ago today, we lost our Club President in a bike accident, so if I appear a little edgy, you now know why.
None of what I say is intended to be seen as personal, rather a comment on the whole issue of reckless riding.
Speed, in it's place, is no problem.

Last edited by Shadow; 02-03-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Running from the law??