Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Running from the law??

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpiritRR
Yes, it is quite common. Easy, too. Lights and siren just mean they're asking you to pull over--it doesn't mean you have to. Don't stop, cuz they is just trying to take away your rights. Seriously. I have to do it, like, all the time. They never catch me because it's illegal for cops to chase you down. It's kinda fun, too. I prolly shouldn't be saying that, but you know. Good luck. Don't let them white men keep u down bro, neva.
*****. Hilarious post.

I just got pulled over last week for a measly friggin 80 MPH in a 65. I've never been pulled over on the bike before, and the thought of dropping two gears and getting the hell out of there crossed by my mind at first when the siren came on. It only took a split second for me to rethink it and pull off the freeway. Why? People who run are idiots. Yeah, you may get lucky. BUT: What if there's a patrol car a few miles up who the cop can radio to? What if he is able to get your full plate first and has you running on the dash cam? What if another patrol car a few blocks up makes a left turn in front of you, and you get thrown off and injured, and you bike kills someone waiting at a bus stop? What if, what if, what if? You might get away, or something terrible might happen. Why turn a simple moving violation into a felony and get your bike impounded?

It's not worth the risks.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:12 PM

If you're going 100+ and you pass a cop. There is no point in them even pursuing you.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:19 PM

the kids who run have nothing to lose; aka Losers

the kids who stay have everything to lose; aka Winners

heck id run if i was a high school drop out punk kid with no money, no future.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Surprise a cop. Pull over. You might find they're quite pleased you cooperated and didn't hesitate to pull over and let you off scott free -- if nothing else, you'll show them that we're not all bad. Happened to me this weekend for doing a measly ten over on some backroad in central florida. Oh, did I mention he thought it was important to have his gun drawn when he came up to me? Yea, they take it seriously. (I had a tank bag and I think he was worried about what I was going to pull out) He was so shocked when I pulled over immediately and gave no argument or hesitation with license, registration, and insurance that he told me to watch out for the drivers out there and have a nice rest of the night.

It's just not worth the risk, and it makes cops a lot tougher on innocents like me and your fellow bikers who generally abide by the law. You could die, man. You could go to jail for felony evasion. You could kill someone else. Just pull over and take what's coming to you.

And keep in mind all cruisers have dash cams these days, if they get up behind you at all they're getting your plate number and it will catch up to you.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Its stupid, and the ppl who do are stupid idiots!

Old 06-08-2009, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cerberus XJR
*****. Hilarious post.
What if another patrol car a few blocks up makes a left turn in front of you, and you get thrown off and injured, and you bike kills someone waiting at a bus stop?
Not like i run, but that sounds to me like it would be that dumbass cops fault, and you could sue the state blind, and reclaim all your revenue that they have stolen from you in the past.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jinx
Not like i run, but that sounds to me like it would be that dumbass cops fault, and you could sue the state blind, and reclaim all your revenue that they have stolen from you in the past.
no thats actually the dumbass bikers fault for running. The cop just so happened to pull a equally stupid move. The biker was breaking the law, the cop was simply doing his job. Case thrown out of court dumbass bikers family out the money for even trying such a stupid law suit.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:29 PM

Hardly. There are very strict rules regarding chasing, especially when its a bike. If the cop Pulls out in front and cuts off the guy, and kills him, thats illegal and unsafe practices

Old 06-08-2009, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jinx
Hardly. There are very strict rules regarding chasing, especially when its a bike. If the cop Pulls out in front and cuts off the guy, and kills him, thats illegal and unsafe practices
I didnt argue that point. Still doesnt justify the biker running from the law. He took that risk when he ran, and if the police arent allowed too do anything, then more n more dumbass's will try and run. Get what I am saying?

Old 06-08-2009, 05:58 PM

Oh no doubt the person who runs is deserving of anything that comes to them, and the cops need to do what they need to do to stop the guy.... The best option is to just get the plate # and come knocking on his door with a warrant for his arrest....

i just think its equally irresponsible for the police to further endanger people in an already dangerous situation, and if they cant safely stop them, or get their tags, then its not worth putting who knows how many peoples lives in danger...

Someone has to do the responsible thing when it gets way out of hand, like that, and clearly the person who is running has no sense of responsibility... so its really the police's responsibility to know when to call it quits for the general safety of the public, no matter how wrong it is that one jackass may get away that day... cause chances are, it wont be long before they are caught anyway... and in a 'safe' way, with minimal endangerment to everyone

Its just like everyone else that has to own up to, and pay for being negligent or unsafe, so does the state... Otherwise every state, town, and federal government will think they can do anything and get away with it, without any repercussion

Quick Reply: Running from the law??