Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Running from the law??

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running from the law??

yo everyone i just got my 03 600rr and took 2 ides wit a bunch of buddies hat have crotch rockets and met some other people riding along the way...some guys had the 1000rr's and mostly 600's but wen i was talkin with them they said that they have just dropped the throttle when they are being signaled to pull over. I mean idk if i would do this but is that like a very common thing for sportbikers to do? again, i am new to the sportbike world so thanks for everyones advice

Old 06-07-2009, 11:42 PM

The police are not likely to pursue you at high speed here unless you just murdered someone. The police killed a guy by pulling into his path a few years ago and the public was outraged. High speed chases have been rare since.
I am a habitual speeder. I have taken a few tickets over the years...and have not ran. The police talk to each other and if you stand out your reputation precedes you. If you ran in the past you'll get dinged hard when they get you or get your fellow riders screwed if they get mistaken for you. Don't run.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Running will get you or someone else killed.
Maybe someone you love.
Can you live with that ?

Old 06-08-2009, 12:48 AM

Yeah, definitely NOT worth running no matter what you were doing! Stunting, speeding/racing.. Just not worth running for that or anything else..

Old 06-08-2009, 12:58 AM

I think it depends on the situation. If the cops are in a patrol car stuck in traffic while you split lanes, probaly no. But if it was in the wide open, i think they probaly would chase you.

A friend of mine tried to run during semi-rush hour at over 120 mph. He decided to pull over after a while though. He was pretty lucky considering that he didn't hurt anyone or himself, his bike only got towed, and he got a misdemeaner ticket instead of a traffic ticket.

He's usually a pretty level headed, rational guy but he was overcome with momentary insanity.

I dont think that its very common for bikers to try to outrun cops. Its irresponsible and dangerous. I've heard some stories but couldnt verify any of them except for my friends. He almost sold the bike after the incident

Last edited by thef4i; 06-08-2009 at 01:07 AM. Reason: didnt adress the question
Old 06-08-2009, 05:15 AM

Yes, it is quite common. Easy, too. Lights and siren just mean they're asking you to pull over--it doesn't mean you have to. Don't stop, cuz they is just trying to take away your rights. Seriously. I have to do it, like, all the time. They never catch me because it's illegal for cops to chase you down. It's kinda fun, too. I prolly shouldn't be saying that, but you know. Good luck. Don't let them white men keep u down bro, neva.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:50 AM

Do the smart thing. Pull over, apologize and hope that he is in a good mood (more often than not they are if you are straightforward)

Running is dangerous, gives other bikers a bad name, and if they do catch you somehow you are in much greater trouble than your speeding ticket.

Quick Reply: Running from the law??