Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

A Rant From a Cop

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A Rant From a Cop

man, i have heard so many stories about police officers getting complates to thier soups, from things like why was he speeding,"he had the cop car on two wheels coming around a corner and i dont think he needs to be going that fast..." shiit like that makes the LE community's blood pressure go up for no good reason...

Old 06-17-2007, 02:01 AM

o yah, nice post TheX

Old 06-17-2007, 06:36 AM
jim

I have met more bad coppers than good ones, I have a Ex-Police officer as a cousin and he is a complete dick.

Because I feel persecuted by the Policeandeven though I am not doing anything wrong I always tense up when they are about, I can’t help but suspect that they will pull me over and go over my bike with a fine tooth comb and try to give me the maximum reprimand for a minor or non-existent infraction.

I was banned for 12 months and had to re-take my bike testbecause ofa slightly thinning front tyre, the copper booked me for Dangerous Driving what should be reserved for people who threaten the lives of other road users by dangerous driving, I lost my licence and could not get to work so I lost my job and that meant I could not pay the rent so I had to move out of my flat, all the stress caused me to break up with the girl I was going out with since school and I took to drinking heavily to numb the senses, I was only 18 it could have ruined my life.

My lawyer advised me that the copper had used theDangerous Driving (DD40) lawbecause it carries a Custodial sentence so if I challenged and lost a court case Iwould end up in prison for a possible 3 years; it was not worth the risk so I pleaded guilty like the copper knew I would.

Anyway I nowgot a new girlfriend, Bike, job andflat and when the police are around I watch them very closely and try not to give them a reason to pick on me.

Old 06-17-2007, 08:43 AM

ORIGINAL: txmorgan

Look, this is a touchy subject for everyone on this board as we come from different age ranges and different styles of riding, so how the police are going to impact our lives are going to be different for all of us.

we ALL understand that there can't be a USA without police and that their job requires them to put up with all sorts of people from those endangering themselves to those endangering others, however we are all free to have our own opinions on the subject and i KNOW that some of the responses talking about ignorant people were directed at me in some way for saying I hate cops.

I can respect the position, and I can respect your opinion, but there have been times when I have NEEDED the police, and when I have CALLED the police and only to end up in dissapointment. I have also been harassed by police and been given unfair citations for pointless issues. So when I say I hate police, I mean it, in my experience the police have done nothing but aggrevate me and cause more trouble than good, and in response to who am I going to call if my bike gets stolen, you can be sure I'll call the police, and you can also be about 99% sure that they won't find ****.

So let's all remain cool on the boards here especially about touchy subjects and instead of instantly attacking those members who have been around a while and happen to have a controversial point on a subject, we should stick to constructive criticism... and stare at my signature.

yeah dude i love your siggy...

Old 06-17-2007, 05:44 PM

There are always gonna be good/bad cops.Some of them do it for the money, some for the power, and some actually care.

For instance I have a friend who's a police officer and he says he does it so he can just mess with people. He likes the power. I know the guy and grew up with him. He's a real ahole and cheats on his girlfriend all the time. That's 1 out of who knows how many police officers but the aholes are there.

Then there's another friend who's in police training right now; and he does it cuz he wants to make a difference.

We shouldn't generalize but once you get one bad experience, it's the one you remember. whether it's with ur phone company or the police, it's human nature.